EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in

Still out until the WTTS period has begun.
That reminds me. I remember a year ago getting feedback from a few people on what to include in future WTTS main posts. Is anyone interested in a PM thread on contributing and editing the one I'll be adding in a few weeks?

This is just a bigger bucket for another bucket!
My current bucket is a generator...there is no bucket around it.  I have a bucket with no bucket and no handle.  I'm holding this bucket with both hands, walking on a slippery sidewalk, hoping nothing bad happens.

@Audi driver, P.E., y u no play?  THIS IS YOUR FAVORITE GAME.  Is it because I'm not playing, and we're secretly, but totally not, the same person using two accounts?  *nervously laughs*  That would be super silly and prob not legal on EB.com.  Ha ha hahahahahahahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
in

That reminds me. I remember a year ago getting feedback from a few people on what to include in future WTTS main posts. Is anyone interested in a PM thread on contributing and editing the one I'll be adding in a few weeks?
I have never really participated in a WTTS, despite multiple WTTS waiting periods. I have no ideas, it is all new to me.

Anyone interested in playing "Among Us"? If you're not familiar, it's a app that is very much like Mafia. Games last between 5 and 15-ish minutes depending on how long it takes to win. Free on Android ($2 to remove ads); I think it's $4 or $5 on PC; not sure if it's free on iOS. I've played 4 games; I'll try to summarize below. Or watch this video. https://youtu.be/mnpjpdhUNjY

Setting on a spaceship (I think there are different maps, but I've only played one). There are crew members and imposters. There's no talking during gameplay, but chat is available during voting.

Crew members run around completing tasks on the ship and observing everyone around them to identify the imposter(s). Crew members win by voting out the imposter or by completing enough tasks.

The imposter cannot complete tasks, but they can fake it. The imposter can kill crew members, and can sabotage the ship. The imposter can also travel through AC vents to hide or "fast travel". But if a crew member is in the area they can see the imposter doing these things. Imposter wins by killing all crew members, successfully sabotaging the ship, or surviving votes until the end (though with the task mechanic it's unlikely for the game to last that long).

So if you see someone successfully completing a task you know they are safe. If you see someone kill or jump into or out of a vent then you know their imposter.

I realized in typing this all out it sounds complicated. It's really not. Makes sense pretty quick once you play. Anyway I'd be interested in playing with you nerds.
So many memes for this on reddit. It looks like a lot of fun actually. I'd be down to try, keep me in the loop! Looks like it adds some interesting depth to the mafia format. 

Back