EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone interested in playing "Among Us"? If you're not familiar, it's a app that is very much like Mafia. Games last between 5 and 15-ish minutes depending on how long it takes to win. Free on Android ($2 to remove ads); I think it's $4 or $5 on PC; not sure if it's free on iOS. I've played 4 games; I'll try to summarize below. Or watch this video. https://youtu.be/mnpjpdhUNjY

Setting on a spaceship (I think there are different maps, but I've only played one). There are crew members and imposters. There's no talking during gameplay, but chat is available during voting.

Crew members run around completing tasks on the ship and observing everyone around them to identify the imposter(s). Crew members win by voting out the imposter or by completing enough tasks.

The imposter cannot complete tasks, but they can fake it. The imposter can kill crew members, and can sabotage the ship. The imposter can also travel through AC vents to hide or "fast travel". But if a crew member is in the area they can see the imposter doing these things. Imposter wins by killing all crew members, successfully sabotaging the ship, or surviving votes until the end (though with the task mechanic it's unlikely for the game to last that long).

So if you see someone successfully completing a task you know they are safe. If you see someone kill or jump into or out of a vent then you know their imposter.

I realized in typing this all out it sounds complicated. It's really not. Makes sense pretty quick once you play. Anyway I'd be interested in playing with you nerds.

Anyone interested in playing "Among Us"? If you're not familiar, it's a app that is very much like Mafia. Games last between 5 and 15-ish minutes depending on how long it takes to win. Free on Android ($2 to remove ads); I think it's $4 or $5 on PC; not sure if it's free on iOS. I've played 4 games; I'll try to summarize below. Or watch this video. https://youtu.be/mnpjpdhUNjY

Setting on a spaceship (I think there are different maps, but I've only played one). There are crew members and imposters. There's no talking during gameplay, but chat is available during voting.

Crew members run around completing tasks on the ship and observing everyone around them to identify the imposter(s). Crew members win by voting out the imposter or by completing enough tasks.

The imposter cannot complete tasks, but they can fake it. The imposter can kill crew members, and can sabotage the ship. The imposter can also travel through AC vents to hide or "fast travel". But if a crew member is in the area they can see the imposter doing these things. Imposter wins by killing all crew members, successfully sabotaging the ship, or surviving votes until the end (though with the task mechanic it's unlikely for the game to last that long).

So if you see someone successfully completing a task you know they are safe. If you see someone kill or jump into or out of a vent then you know their imposter.

I realized in typing this all out it sounds complicated. It's really not. Makes sense pretty quick once you play. Anyway I'd be interested in playing with you nerds.
I've been playing a bit on my phone since it doesn't take too much time to play each round. I am down to play Among Us.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is soooo much fun.  My husband and I play with some friends back home.  It hasn't destroyed our marriage yet because when I'm the imposter I AM RUTHLESS :pppp It would be fun to get a group going here.

I've seen a similar game called "Push the Button" in one of the Jackbox Party packs. It takes about 15 min to play, and the mechanics are rough. My viritual game night group rarely plays it.

I'd be down for trying your version with the rest of the EB crowd.

Back