EB Language Learning Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JayKay PE Depending on the offerings at your local community college, they sometimes have "conversational" [foreign language] classes where they focus on oral lessons and not so much on linguistic theory/grammar/orthography/etc.

I want to take "conversational" Italian but no time at the mo'. Mebbe next semester. It exists though, so I appreciate that.

@txjennah PE I finally started watching Learn Italian with Lucrezia on YT! This is great! I think I need a primer on reading/pronunciation though. I sometimes mess up the c's, g's, and sc's since...no one is teaching me.
I love Lucrezia! She speaks slowly enough for me to understand her and I enjoy her vlogs.  (If you want to hear someone speak Italian at a completely opposite rate, check out the Breaking Italy podcast on Youtube. Omg).

Dang I still mess up on those and I grew up with the language!  My teacher is constantly correcting me!  So no worries, haha. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My teacher is constantly correcting me
Are you still taking a class? If so, where???

Question for you: do Italians actually say "così così"? Like, in French textbooks (to this day) they still teach students "comme ci comme ça" but literally no real French person actually says this and one would sound ridiculously old-school if they did.

Are you still taking a class? If so, where???

Question for you: do Italians actually say "così così"? Like, in French textbooks (to this day) they still teach students "comme ci comme ça" but literally no real French person actually says this and one would sound ridiculously old-school if they did.
Yes, I've been taking lessons through italki all year.  

I've definitely heard "cosi cosi" being used.

Yes, I've been taking lessons through italki all year.  

I've definitely heard "cosi cosi" being used.
Used così-così today in my lesson :)

Also am amused how English words like "Ok" and "marketing" have found their way into the Italian vernacular. Am curious to hear what other English words have been adopted by other languages.

English is such a difficult language to learn es muy dificil porque hay tantas palabras que tienen diferentes significados.

Back