EB Language Learning Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m studying German.  Duolingo and YouTube.  I need something to study now that the exam is over 🤣

I signed up for Spanish class. I start Beginning Spanish 1 in February.

The French classes at the community college and the language school didn't work with my schedule because Tuesday night is when we have training class for Moo. And I didn't want to do the online French class from the community college. 

So Spanish it is! 

I signed up for Spanish class. I start Beginning Spanish 1 in February.

The French classes at the community college and the language school didn't work with my schedule because Tuesday night is when we have training class for Moo. And I didn't want to do the online French class from the community college. 

So Spanish it is! 
Yay Spanish! How long is your Spanish course? And sorry if I missed this already, but are you still pretty fluent in French?

Spanish is on my list next since it's pretty similar to Italian. I can understand some of it when my MIL speaks it but that's about it. I took it in high school, but of course forgot most of it.

Yay Spanish! How long is your Spanish course? And sorry if I missed this already, but are you still pretty fluent in French?

Spanish is on my list next since it's pretty similar to Italian. I can understand some of it when my MIL speaks it but that's about it. I took it in high school, but of course forgot most of it.
It's 10 weeks, 1.5 hour classes.

I'm not fluent in French anymore lol. I took French in HS and havent touched it since: 12 years ago.

I took Spanish in late elementary/middle school but refreshed myself a bit in college and then through Duolingo.

I had French and Spanish overlapping in 7th grade for a few months.

I live in an area where either in beneficial but I don't really like the French in duolingo so I wanted to do that in person (plus I have a coworker who is fluent so I could practice with him). But alas, I'm taking Spanish instead lol 

It's 10 weeks, 1.5 hour classes.

I'm not fluent in French anymore lol. I took French in HS and havent touched it since: 12 years ago.

I took Spanish in late elementary/middle school but refreshed myself a bit in college and then through Duolingo.

I had French and Spanish overlapping in 7th grade for a few months.

I live in an area where either in beneficial but I don't really like the French in duolingo so I wanted to do that in person (plus I have a coworker who is fluent so I could practice with him). But alas, I'm taking Spanish instead lol 
I didn't really like duolingo either.  

Does anyone read the newspaper El PAÍS?

also, I’ve been watching this YouTube channel called easy German.  It’s really good.  She interviews people on the streets with subtitles in both German and English.

I think I need to work on my English before I take on a second language.

It would be like being halfway through an engineering curriculum and saying, "You know what, I should also start pre-med."

I had my first Spanish class last night.

I'm definitely used to the way languages are taught in school, not the way they're doing it. Which is the same way as this CD I checked out from the library.

It felt disorganized and like she was unprepared for class. She's a native Spanish speaker (from Venezuela) and has been teaching for 30 years.

My class has 5 people, 2 didn't have the book, and one of them didn't even bring a notebook. He openly admitted that he's going to struggle 

I've missed the last 3 weeks of Spanish between work & food poisoning.

Have to say that I'm thankful I've taken Spanish before & used Duolingo last fall. And have Google translate for the words I don't recognize.

I will likely not take Spanish again through this organization if this person is going to be the teacher. 

The last time I went to class one of the other women was as annoyed as I was & she has no language background. 

:bananalama:   Si señor señora
fix'd

And that's all the Spanish I know.  Are you doing it online through a college?  Somewhere else?  Deets!!!  I'm thinking of taking a class and I want to go through a community college, but I'm also...just wanting to take a normal non-college class where I can be like "take my money, teach me" without worrying about grades...

Latest posts

Back