Do you love bacon?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this even a question?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
See I like my bacon on the chewy, greasy side. I figure in for a penny, in for a pound at that point.

I don't like using the microwave for meat either, other than defrosting it. I find it ends up tougher than boot leather.

^ I use a stack of about 4 paper towels on the bottom and one more on top to extract the grease during microwave cooking. This will work for even the thickest bacon.

my favorite is mohogany smoked

^ I use a stack of about 4 paper towels on the bottom and one more on top to extract the grease during microwave cooking. This will work for even the thickest bacon.
that sounds about right. the hubby doesn't eat bacon so I usually only have it at my folks house or at restaurants. Else a package of bacon would last me yr or more.

I go on bacon binges... I may be due for another one soon...

The one problem with the paper towel method is that sometimes small pieces of the towel will bond to the bacon... but they are small, and bacon flavored, so who cares?

Looks like BLT's for dinner!! ;)
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

homer+drool+2.gif

In honor of bacon, I went home tonight and skillet fried up some eggs to make an egg and bacon sandwich. LOT'S of Mayo and it was sooo good.

F' you all.

I can't have bacon anymore. Bacon is like the Darth Vader of cholesterol sources.

^what about...(dare I say it?!)...turkey bacon?

gotta be extra krispy/crunchy to get rid of most of the fat or else i wont eat the stuff...even as a kid.
I hate crispy bacon. Chewy, salty grease is the whole point.

for most meat yes. but there is no margin of error when the desired result is crunchy bacon, there is no such thing as over cooked.
Yes, yes there is.

See I like my bacon on the chewy, greasy side. I figure in for a penny, in for a pound at that point.
Amen, brother! :thumbs:

F' you all.
I can't have bacon anymore. Bacon is like the Darth Vader of cholesterol sources.
C'mon, Dleg, just one bite won't hurt. All the other kids are doing it. Ya chicken?

Seriously, dude...Lipitor.

I will have to try the indirect grilling method.... I usually do mine on a side burner in a pan, but I like the indirect grilling method...

Normally for tailgating, I pre-bake the bacon about 3/4's of the way and then wrap it all in foil pouch and let it finish up on the grill...

Bacon makes everything better.

I like it, though I don't love it. I'm a beef man.

I don't think turkey bacon is all that bad. Sometimes it's nice to have BLT's without having a heart attack just looking at it.

Though they did have CANDIED BACON on TV. You coat your bacon in heavy maple syrup and bake it. Hardens with a sugary coat on the outside. I could almost feel my blood struggling to make its way through its arteries just from watching it.

I will have to try the indirect grilling method.... I usually do mine on a side burner in a pan, but I like the indirect grilling method...
Normally for tailgating, I pre-bake the bacon about 3/4's of the way and then wrap it all in foil pouch and let it finish up on the grill...

Bacon makes everything better.
I haven't tried it yet, but the theory sounds good. I ran it by the missus, and I could see the drool glistening out the side of her mouth. I think I know what I will be doing for breakfast at some point this coming weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to microwave bacon all the time. It's so easy to crisp bacon that way and we totally had the special microwave tray as well. Mmm....bacon.

I haven't tried it yet, but the theory sounds good. I ran it by the missus, and I could see the drool glistening out the side of her mouth. I think I know what I will be doing for breakfast at some point this coming weekend!
and what are the plans for after breakfast? :eyebrows:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep Fried Bacon.

It sounds crazy, but it works.

And it was the best bacon I have ever eaten.

Back