Do you love bacon?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this even a question?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In honor of this thread, I am using bacon vision.... Linky

edit: and yes I love bacon

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness.

Best bacon ever made = thick cut applewood smoked bacon.

And, I had to laugh at my neighbor who attempted to "grill" his bacon on his gas grill a few weeks ago. The whole culdesac was thick with smoke and he almost burnt his back porch down. I guess there was a little grease when he tried to cook like a whole 2 lbs of bacon on his grill. PS - don't try this at home, there was nothing left when he finally got it off the grill.

Nummy.

In all seriousness.
Best bacon ever made = thick cut applewood smoked bacon.

And, I had to laugh at my neighbor who attempted to "grill" his bacon on his gas grill a few weeks ago. The whole culdesac was thick with smoke and he almost burnt his back porch down. I guess there was a little grease when he tried to cook like a whole 2 lbs of bacon on his grill. PS - don't try this at home, there was nothing left when he finally got it off the grill.

Nummy.
I just heard a story like this in June from a guy who tried to tell it like the bacon just cooked a little fast and got out of control. He had to get rid of all of his apartment furniture, because it smelled like smoke. I had never heard of anyone grilling bacon and now I've heard two stories where it's ended poorly.

Now oven cooking it...that's another crispy delicious story.

I just heard a story like this in June from a guy who tried to tell it like the bacon just cooked a little fast and got out of control. He had to get rid of all of his apartment furniture, because it smelled like smoke. I had never heard of anyone grilling bacon and now I've heard two stories where it's ended poorly.
You probably could grill bacon successfully if you dont have it directly over the flame. I'm thinking place one of those aluminum pans with holes in it inside of another aluminum pan for the drippings to fall into, place inside a hot grill and close the lid.

You probably could grill bacon successfully if you dont have it directly over the flame. I'm thinking place one of those aluminum pans with holes in it inside of another aluminum pan for the drippings to fall into, place inside a hot grill and close the lid.
Indirect grilling method. With drip pan. Grill away, baby!

gotta be extra krispy/crunchy to get rid of most of the fat or else i wont eat the stuff...even as a kid.

I never fry bacon any more. I use the Alton Brown method. I place the slices of bacon on a cooling rack that fits inside of a baking pan. The baking pan catches the grease. I don't pre-heat the oven. Set the oven for 375 (any higher and the grease starts smoking) and it's done in about 15 or 20 minutes. Takes a little longer but it doesn't curl up, it doesn't burn, and it doesn't make a mess. Adjusting cooking time will make it more or less lean without burning it.

As a general rule I don't like the microwave for cooking, especially meat. It's hard to control the heat evenly and the margin of error is very small.
for most meat yes. but there is no margin of error when the desired result is crunchy bacon, there is no such thing as over cooked.

Back