Deadliest Catch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still unsure if I even want to watch this season. the stunts last season really made it more like a scripted drama than the shows orginal purpose. Although it inspired many shows on the same theme.

we now have ice road truckers, loggers, and there is a new show on the mining industry. how many other dangerous labor intensive jobs are out there with dwindling headcounts that need free recruitment publicity?

The CM starts with the relief skipper from opie season last year for king, and then I believe they get a new one for this year's opies.

I wonder what the concocted theme will be this year, last year it was changing of the guard. Phil dies, Edgar contemplates walking away, and the Hillstrands picked Fourtner out to be their heir apparent.

Well that's a relief. I was afraid Phil was still going to be piloting the boat.
At least he's not the bait...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait until Netflix has this new season!!!

To get my dangerous reality show fix, I might have to start watching some Ice Road Truckers!

Ditto to all the false drama turning me off of Deadliest Catch last season. My chances of watching this season did improve when I saw the Harris boys in the trailer. Edgar was also on the trailer, so I guess he decided to stay after all his bitching and complaining last year.

Unfortunately, the Hillstrands were also on the trailer...that decreases my chances of watching.

Will the Caveman be in the series? Do you think he'll last? Is the Geico commercial a sign of what's to come?

new season starts tonight 8 PM central

Entertainment weekly had an article last week about the show as it relates to the CM and the harris boys.

really 2 hrs long tonight...going to have to set the dvr, I wont make it all the way through the second hour. Last night Minisnick was up and down until 2:30 this morning.

^Presumably because they are introducing two totally new boats/crews. I didn't get home from class until 10, it's taping away now, so I'll watch it with dinner tomorrow and Thursday likely.

I think I need to break down and buy one of those fancy DVR machines. We have a DVD/VCR combo downstairs where the VCR is broken, so I can't watch with dinner now that I think of it. and the TV upstairs is this huge boxy tv/dvd/vcr combo from 2002. The VCR sounded horrible when it was taping last night.

Can anyone recommend a good DVR for me?

there are lots of types out there. some record to hardrive other directly to dvds. depends on what you want and how much $ you want to part with. We have a magnavox one the records to a hard drive, with the option to put it on DVD. it works well. I think it was about $250 including tax

Back