Corona Spam Thread??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have lots of people painting rocks with dumb positive messages on them every where you look, I feel like throwing them as far as I can chunk them when I see them but then I figure I will get hit by the karma bug later on...

we have lots of people painting rocks with dumb positive messages on them every where you look, I feel like throwing them as far as I can chunk them when I see them but then I figure I will get hit by the karma bug later on...
Just don’t bring them with you to the city riots. 

i've seen/read that in your personal garden and places like the library and such are the suggested locations.

they also suggest local parks & trails which i'm torn on. like a paved bike path in town (like the paths along the Charles in Boston) ok sure but sitting next the bodies of water in Central Park or a more rural trail system (that's still town owned/operated), i don't feel good about. 

And yes, one should not make rogue cairns since cairns are carefully built to guide hikers in alpine areas, particularly in bad weather. and rogue cairns can cause folks to go off trail and get injured. plus in some areas (white mountains), you would be disturbing fragile & protect alpine plants. 
State of Maryland puts rectangular paint marks on trees to mark trails in parks

State of Maryland puts rectangular paint marks on trees to mark trails in parks
Most Northeastern/Eastern trails use paint (a few places I've seen use small metal squares). [I say northeastern & eastern only because I hike the northeast and I had a few hike the AT so that's the system I know]

But that's "allowed" (unless in a designated wilderness area) and that opens a whole other can of worms.

But the average person with their painted rocks: some of those paints are toxic to animals and waterways. The rock I pulled off of Katahdin looked like someone dumped glue or epoxy on it to seal the paint. 

Most Northeastern/Eastern trails use paint (a few places I've seen use small metal squares). [I say northeastern & eastern only because I hike the northeast and I had a few hike the AT so that's the system I know]

But that's "allowed" (unless in a designated wilderness area) and that opens a whole other can of worms.

But the average person with their painted rocks: some of those paints are toxic to animals and waterways. The rock I pulled off of Katahdin looked like someone dumped glue or epoxy on it to seal the paint. 
I guess there may be still lead painted items out there. There is some funky stuff in industrial paints. Most paints now are low VOC or water based reduces toxicity.

Jumping ship (er, trying to). Tryna go from County to State. And yes, it was because of Outshine bars, obvi!
Yessssssssss.  State is always better than county.  Depending on my federal tenure, I def want to try and hope over to a NYS position (their benefits are better than federal and the pay starts out low, due to them mostly internal promoting, but it quickly pops up).

LS wants to move back to NYS so I'm shopping around for some NYS jobs in Albany, too. Anywhere but Syracuse or NYC. OMFG JayKay WE COULD BE COWORKERS.
Hahahaha, I have a cousin who works in Albany for ESD who is trying to get me to come back.  Tbh, if I go back to NYS, and stay federal, I think it would have to be Albany or Syracuse.  Albany, because there are more federal jobs there, or Syracuse because there is a VA there.  I want to find a job in Ithaca, but it's super slim pickings if you don't want to work for one of the colleges (and I am not a professor, so it prob wouldn't work out).  WE COULD BE COWORKERS AND YOU'D HATE ME.  T_T

@JayKay PE NYS: PE-Transpo vacancy in Queens!
HA.  If I want to get a job in Queens I'd just give my sister a call.  She's a chief in NYSDOH and has already been nudging me about being a PE w/ legionella experience and her having positions.  Oddly, I'm making more money staying in Indy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back