COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just submitted my finger prints Monday, and still haven't sent in the documentation (Although I think that's just backup to the digital delivery.)

Just wondering... any one get their number that hasn't submitted fingerprints?

Got the email last night and my number this morning!

I studied for the April 2015 8-hour and passed on the first shot with the EET 8-hr (WRE depth) classes. I took the CA specific in spring 2015 without studying, just to see what they were like. I studied for the CA specific for Fall 2015 and passed them both! 

I took EET's seismic class and thought it really prepared me for the test. Ahmed really cares about his students and even had a one-on-one phone conference with me the night before the exam to go over any last minute questions. He has 4 full length practice tests, so you can do full exam simulations. I would absolutely recommend both the 8-hour and seismic classes offered by EET. 

I took Reza Mahallati's surveying class. I'm not sure that the class was all that much more helpful than spending the time working problems on your own. 

I used Mansour's book and practice exam. It comes with a CBT DVD. Some of the problems on Survey were straight out of his problems with the numbers changed and others are problems that I don't think any book will help , they were just too lengthy and ridiculous to be solved in under 3 mins so I just reverse engineered some of them and Blindly  guessed around 12.
Thank you for the advise I think I will take his course to make sure I pass..

Anybody still waiting on the California TE results? I am waiting... nothing in my email.

Yes, the TE is an 8 hour exam which I took online in AZ. I am already a registered civil in AZ.

Anyone knows good books to study  for the survey?
Mansour's survey book along with the practice exams are mostly good enough. Like someone else mentioned , use a diffErent calculator that you'd normally use for the pe ,  that can save u calculation time for problems that involve angle conversions , Etc. Find some good online resource for curve geometry problems. I saw a lot of them on my test. Make quick ref notes for basic areas, volumes, coordinate geometry and trignometry equations ( these are gold for the survey exam). 

Anyone know when the CA state specific pass rates will be posted for Fall 2015. Is Transportation Engineering out yet? I don't see why else statistics would not be posted . 

I just submitted my finger prints Monday, and still haven't sent in the documentation (Although I think that's just backup to the digital delivery.)

Just wondering... any one get their number that hasn't submitted fingerprints?
According to the "Instructions for Live Scan Submission" document the actual documentation must be submitted . It states that "Without that form, we will be unable to retrieve your results from DOJ and FBI."

I just mailed my results yesterday so it may be a while before I get my license given the upcoming holidays :(

According to the "Instructions for Live Scan Submission" document the actual documentation must be submitted . It states that "Without that form, we will be unable to retrieve your results from DOJ and FBI."

I just mailed my results yesterday so it may be a while before I get my license given the upcoming holidays :(
I was able to get licensed without sending in that form. The FBI and DOJ send the info directly to the board. You can email them the form just in case.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎24‎:‎56‎, JHW 3d said: I just submitted my finger prints Monday, and still haven't sent in the documentation (Although I think that's just backup to the digital delivery.) Just wondering... any one get their number that hasn't submitted fingerprints?
According to the "Instructions for Live Scan Submission" document the actual documentation must be submitted . It states that "Without that form, we will be unable to retrieve your results from DOJ and FBI."I just mailed my results yesterday so it may be a while before I get my license given the upcoming holidays [emoji20]
I got my license 2 days after getting fingerprinted. I hadn't sent in the paperwork yet. I have since sent it in though.

Back