COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Seismic, yah 

to those that did not pass seismic, one best reference book is Steve Hiner. I spent 100 on it and then I was able to get through the test very smoothly. 

Any advice on Surveying I am planning to take to surveying exam in April 

Passed Seismic, yah 

to those that did not pass seismic, one best reference book is Steve Hiner. I spent 100 on it and then I was able to get through the test very smoothly. 

I used Mansour's book and practice exam. It comes with a CBT DVD. Some of the problems on Survey were straight out of his problems with the numbers changed and others are problems that I don't think any book will help , they were just too lengthy and ridiculous to be solved in under 3 mins so I just reverse engineered some of them and Blindly  guessed around 12.

I passed but don't see my license number posted on PE license lookup . Anyone else get this ? I have done finger printing .... why don't I have a PE license then?

Passed Seismic, yah 

I agree 100%. I had no experience in seismic (I studied environmental engineering in college and work in drinking water now) and hiners course and book made seismic make sense. 

To me, surveying was the hardest subject. I recommend the mansour book and do lots of timed practice exams. Time is the biggest constraint with surveying.

The best thing to save time for me on survey was to us an HP 50 calculator with free cogo software I found.  I finished the exam last April with a hour to spare and walked out knowing that I passed.  The LSIT exam is harder than our survey exam.  Maybe get the practice problems for LSIT to work thorugh will help.

I passed but don't see my license number posted on PE license lookup . Anyone else get this ? I have done finger printing .... why don't I have a PE license then?
I believed it has not been updated yet, last updated was on Dec 14. The next updates should reflect the new PEs

Passed the 8 hour and the survey first time around! Didn't pass seismic, sucks for anyone who has to retake because it's going to be like $350 to retake it! Freakin' California!

I don`t think mine will be up until I send them Fingerprints. This is how my report looks like.

CAPE.PNG

I agree 100%. I had no experience in seismic (I studied environmental engineering in college and work in drinking water now) and hiners course and book made seismic make sense. 

To me, surveying was the hardest subject. I recommend the mansour book and do lots of timed practice exams. Time is the biggest constraint with surveying.
Thank you ION EXCHANGE. Mansoor was recommended by friends. I am thinking of taking a class for this one. I want to pass it and I have some idea about Surveying but not much.

Thank you again for the advise, God bless 

I'm on the website, looks like I passed the finger print test. Pretty sure I didn't mail in the other livescan form

For surveying, I took the Civil PE Surveying Review.  They have 3-4 timed tests that are very helpful...I took each one 2-3 times and the surveying test ended up being the one I was most comfortable with.  I did the EET seismic course and that was a great course also.

I can find my license number now. For 8 hours and Seismic, I took EET, and I took Reza Mahallati Review class which helped me to pass he surveying on 2nd try coz I failed 1st time.

Hang in there bud. It happens to the best of us. 
Thanks Denver, I will! that's for sure.  I actually started studying again last night although not much was done, because I still had the occasional sulking episodes- couldn't help it :-(   I'm determined to pass the PE Exam though!  Many thanks to this board for all your supports, tips/advice, and words of encouragement.  

Curious.. does anyone know why our licenses expire in March 2016? Seems so soon to me...

They give you a couple months of licensing as part of your application fees.  After that you have to pay the standard fee for renewal which I believe is $125 and is good for two years.

They give you a couple months of licensing as part of your application fees.  After that you have to pay the standard fee for renewal which I believe is $125 and is good for two years.
Good to know, thank you for the info!

The license lookup website has been updated...I see my license number now
emoji482.png

Anyone else??
Yep, just checked. Got my number!

... and it expires in March! (WTF?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back