COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a Bright note: PENN STATE is 7-1, with the only loss being to Alabama.

however, this is the point of the schedule where I am hoping that it doesn't end at 7-5. Need at least 2 wins in the next 4 games, but that will be tough. Maybe Illinois and Ohio State..... we'll see.

^and Michigan State pulled off the win against the Badgers. I was offered a ticket to that game and really wanted to go, but I was out of town this weekend, doh!

Hmm seems WVU got an invite to B12...If Louisville is stuck in the Sun Beast conference I'm going to be pissed.

I just hope that, assuming that's true, that Louisville and Cincy also get invited to the Big 12 this year. It's not really that I want UL to move to the Big 12, but I don't want another round of conference realignment hovering over us for another complete season.

real simple soultion to all this nonsense. Take the list of all the school and write them on slips of paper and put them in a hat, then take the list of the conferences with the predetermined # of slots and draw name from the damn hat. This way everyone has just as good a chance as anybody else.

Hold the phone:

http://www.cardchron...12-bid#comments

A day after West Virginia had reportedly been told that it would be accepted into the conference, The New York Times' Pete Thamel is now citing sources saying it's "too close to call" and a "50/50" race between WVU and Louisville to land the highly sought-after Big 12 seat that will likely be left unoccupied by Missouri.

U of L has essentially pulled out all the stops and is now in a dead-sprint with the Mountaineers for what would appear to be the final spot in a conference content to stay put at 10 teams.

So let's take a quick look at the timeline:

--Louisville is the runaway No. 1 choice to replace Missouri in the Big 12 (The fourth-seeded Cardinals are heavily favored to dispatch of No. 8 West Virginia in the Elite Eight).

--New reports state WVU has slightly nudged ahead of U of L for that title (Mike Gansey and Kevin Pittsnoggle get off to an unexpectedly hot start from beyond the arc).

--West Virginia to the Big 12 is a done deal (The 'Eers lead by 20).

--New reports say that efforts by Louisville have stalled the once-imminent announcement of West Virginia to the Big 12 (Larry O'Bannon and Taquan Dean are hitting everything).

--It's now a dead-heat between WVU and U of L ("O'Bannon to the buccckkkeetttt. Tie game!!").

So now we head to overtime. Francisco Garcia may have fouled out (football program isn't back yet), Taquan's groin injury might be flaring up (some high-profile Big 12 folks obviously favor the 'Eers), but we've got the momentum.

I could've also gone '06 blackout here. Either way, the ending's the same.

I'm exhausted from conference realignment. Just do a 4(6?) conference draft

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech said that he favored L'ville over WVU just because it's a PITA to get to WVU's campus (fly to Pittsburgh then drive 1.5 hours).

^^^that was the major discussion on talk radio yesterday here in the ATX. 1500 miles, plus 1.5 hour drive.

The Mountaineers do not fly out of Pittsburgh. They fly out of my town, the airport is about 2 miles from me, and only 30+ miles directly south of Morgantown on the Interstate.

It takes 30 minutes from the Airport parking lot to the stadium door.

What are they talking about? Most 'large' cities will have you sit in traffic for 30 minutes to get a mile away from the airport. That's a non-issue.

Agreed... why would teams fly to PIT? If Clarksburg landed Air Force One, is it not good enough for Texas Tech?

and on a second note, Why the hell are the state delegates/congress/etc/etc/etc getting ANY say in this???

Agreed... why would teams fly to PIT? If Clarksburg landed Air Force One, is it not good enough for Texas Tech?

and on a second note, Why the hell are the state delegates/congress/etc/etc/etc getting ANY say in this???
Mitch McConnell (US Senator, R-KY) called the Oklahoma University chancellor and bigwig in the Big 12 (a former US Senator) to lobby for Louisville's invitation to the Big 12. It's good to see our politicians have their priorities straight.

yeah, then Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that he would meet McConnell in the Octogon on UFC 239 on pay-per-view, and winner gets the bid

Octogon match has been called off.

WVU is now headed to the BIG12.

Better than being on a sinking ship, that's for sure

So, who ya got LSU or Bama?

I'm thinking it could be OSU and Stanford at the end...

LSU!!!!!

Seriously, who could cheer for a school who can't settle with one mascot? Is it a tidal wave or an elephant? Same goes for Auburn. Are they the tigers, plainsmen, or war eagle? Must be an Alabama thing.

Back