College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told you these people here are nothing to be proud of. But 'partiers'?..... yes.

full on Nutjobs.

I'm currently going to tomorrow nights game against South Florida, but since its supposed to be rain and 50 degrees, I may be a pansy and stay home. I am in a wedding this weekend, and don't want to be sick.

Plus, I'm not in my 20's anymore, drinking 3 nights in a row would equal a long recovery time.

(Maybe I'll go to the game long enough to shit in their band's seats, then leave)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, two of the guys I work with went down for the LSU / WVU game a couple of weeks ago. They commented on how well they were treated, and the hospitallity of the fans. They said there were people insisting that they join their tailgate.They were pleasantly surprised by how nice the fans were, and then the conversation went to how dissappointing the WVU fans are. We all agreed that those that make the trip to WVU next year from LSU will not receive the same treatment. That is a shame. Our fans won't offer beers, they'll throw empty ones.

They may party hard here, but there is a lot to be learned on manners and sportsmanship.
With the exception of the fringe, LSU tailgaters (especially the hard core ones) are accepting of all visitors. There's a reason why Omaha turns into LSU North during the College World Series.

With the exception of the fringe, LSU tailgaters (especially the hard core ones) are accepting of all visitors.

It's the twelve year olds peeing on the visitors walking out of the gate you have to worry about. :true:

It's probably a good thing we couldn't have gotten to them, because we'd have certainly been arrested for what we'd have done to those boys.

Awesome weekend in college football, I love it when everything gets all jacked up

will be another interesting year :D

At least I don't have to plan my Saturdays around watching college football anymore. Oklahoma and Oregon will likely both stumble before the end of the year, and I have no desire to watch a Boise/TCU game.

A Boise State / TCU National Championship Game would certainly leave good room for some genuine playoff talk at least

I'll put my Buckeyes up against any SEC team, I just sure as hell don't want it to be Alabama!

If OSU goes to the championship game this year, it's going to be a bit tougher to say they don't deserve it than in years past with wins over Miami and much improved Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan teams. I just wish they played Mich. State this year.

What do you mean if, of course the OSU Cowboys will be heading to the championship game even though they are getting little respect in the polls right now. The Cowboys are doing in the right way too through hard work rather than buying players cars and the workless programs at car dealerships like those the buckeyes and sooners have ran in the past or the professional arrangements at usc.

At least I don't have to plan my Saturdays around watching college football anymore. Oklahoma and Oregon will likely both stumble before the end of the year, and I have no desire to watch a Boise/TCU game.
Oklahoma State will take care of those oklahoma dirt thieves.
I hope we beat you to the punch this weekend, but I honestly doubt it. Big game Stoops has had Pinkel's number. We usually look pretty good unless we play a team with great speed on Defense. it's going to be an exciting time to be in Columbia and go to the game with GameDay and all this weekend.

^^ True.

But please look at :wv: history of being #1 or in the top 5 of Party School rankings for YEARS. At WVU the party (tailgate) never ends, its just that every now and again there is a game going on next to it.
DVINNY... Not that I can hit the road for the 12/4 Rutgers-WV game... but next year when you are playing in our house, you have an open invitation to join me here is NJ for the game...

A Boise State / TCU National Championship Game would certainly leave good room for some genuine playoff talk at least

I have no desire to see a playoff.

While it may draw more interest from casual observers, a playoff will draw less money than the current bowl arrangement. Crowds will get incrementally larger as a team advances. Currently, every fan that is going to watch their team shows up for every game.

Who would you limit your playoff too? The BCS top 5? Top 12? Either way, there is going to be complaints about who made it in and who didn't. We take 65 basketball teams, and there is always discussion about who made it in and who shouldn't have.

There are a lot of bowl tie-ins right now. Bowls are the only chances that athletes get to take trips to cities and actually sight-see, have a good time, enjoy the moment, etc. It's a great time for the college athlete. The current bowl system allows for more teams thus more college athletes to experience this.

50% of current bowl participants end their season with a win. In a playoff, only one team will. A bowl win is the momentum that will catapult the end of recruiting.

The current system allows for some great matchups. How often do you have a bad BCS game? How many times have we had a "crappy" final four?

Back