College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see NC State getting by Miami or Clemson at this point, but you never know.
Since Miami isn't on NC State's schedule I presume you are anointing them the Coastal Division champs? :p

NC State plays VT this week. I know VT hasn't played well at times this season but I still think they are the most talented team in the ACC. If NC State can pass that test they may be for real. They would still have to get past FSU, Clemson and UNC before worrying about an ACC Championship. They looked good Saturday, I say they have a shot.

I don't see NC State getting by Miami or Clemson at this point, but you never know.
Since Miami isn't on NC State's schedule I presume you are anointing them the Coastal Division champs? :p

NC State plays VT this week. I know VT hasn't played well at times this season but I still think they are the most talented team in the ACC. If NC State can pass that test they may be for real. They would still have to get past FSU, Clemson and UNC before worrying about an ACC Championship. They looked good Saturday, I say they have a shot.

Yes, I am annointing Miami the Coastal Division champs. Unless Jacory Harris continues to average 3 interceptions per game. In which case I'd annoint VT as the Coastal Division champs.

I think Clemson is good this year, but if our defensive secondary doesn't improve on their ability to read pump fakes and stutter-go routes, we're cooked next weekend.

I went to the Kentucky/Auburn game and as a Louisville fan it was sweet to see UK get so close and fall flat. It was a good game though. Could have gone either way.

Roll Tide! Ha! Now all I have to do is hope that they don't manage to sneak back up to #2 in the polls.

Yeah, because god knows, if OSU trips and falls into another NCG, they don't want to be facing an SEC powerhouse again.

I'll put my Buckeyes up against any SEC team, I just sure as hell don't want it to be Alabama!

If OSU goes to the championship game this year, it's going to be a bit tougher to say they don't deserve it than in years past with wins over Miami and much improved Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan teams. I just wish they played Mich. State this year.

Yeah, because god knows, if OSU trips and falls into another NCG, they don't want to be facing an SEC powerhouse again.

I'll put my Buckeyes up against any SEC team, I just sure as hell don't want it to be Alabama!
013008-0544-sorewinner13.png

Just sayin... :p

we were camping this weekend at a place with no cell phone coverage but it looks like I missed out on a lot of really good games..

USC?? where did the Gamecocks come from? wow....

I will really open things up and say that the Big 10 top 3 teams are better than the SEC top 3 teams.

how bout that?

I think if you did bowl games this week, and put a few games together,

Ohio State vs. Auburn (I'll take Ohio State)

Michigan St vs. Alabama (Ok, but I think it'd be a good game)

Iowa vs. LSU (Iowa easily)

Wisconsin vs. South Carolina (Badgers)

I really think that would be a 3-1 scenario and not in favor of the mighty SEC

Then, if we're gonna look at depth thru the conference, Michigan is a contender on any given day, Illinois is looking much improved and may make a run. Big10 is up this year, and I hate that Penn State is down. Takes the fun out of it.

I agree, over the past 4-5 years SEC has been the deepest conference with strong ones at the top, but this year I think the two are at a MINIMUM even. I think the Big10 has a slight edge. I know that's really hard for SEC folks to wrap their minds around.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I will really open things up and say that the Big 10 top 3 teams are better than the SEC top 3 teams.

how bout that?

Then, if we're gonna look at depth thru the conference, Michigan is a contender on any given day, Illinois is looking much improved and may make a run. Big10 is up this year, and I hate that Penn State is down. Takes the fun out of it.

I agree, over the past 4-5 years SEC has been the deepest conference with strong ones at the top, but this year I think the two are at a MINIMUM even. I think the Big10 has a slight edge. I know that's really hard for SEC folks to wrap their minds around.

:D
I would put Arkansas over LSU

Nothing like watching your team at the stadium after 3 years of misery hang a shutout against an old rival. Even if they are down beating Memphis State is always a good thing, especially heading into Big East play.

Louisville is the #1 offense in the Big East. Even if they haven't played anyone yet they are looking sharp.

My take on the matchups:

Ohio State vs. Auburn (Toss up)

Michigan St vs. Alabama (Alabama hands down)

Iowa vs. LSU (LSU QB = Jordan Jefferson (Iowa), LSU QB = Jarrett Lee (LSU))

Wisconsin vs. South Carolina (South Carolina)

Now, as far as LSU goes, I am shocked at their record so far. I'm not saying we're not good, but being lucky >> being good any day of the week. Now if the coaching staff would figure out the QB situation... <_<

Louisville is the #1 offense in the Big East.
That's not saying much...and I'm a huge Louisville fan.

I'll take a bet on every one of those, DV. I'd take the SEC in every matchup. The Big 10, much like Notre Dame, and until this season USC, gets a lot of its high ranking based on past performances. Miami may be a "powerhouse" in the ACC, but that's like saying L'ville has the #1 offense in the Big East. Being the best of the worst doesn't mean you are good.

Now, as far as LSU goes, I am shocked at their record so far. I'm not saying we're not good, but being lucky >> being good any day of the week. Now if the coaching staff would figure out the QB situation... <_<
As a Mountaineer fan, I got a good look at LSU. the Mounties are nothing special this year, but should have beat LSU. WVU lost that game for themselves. It wasn't like LSU won it. They were just not impressive. I think Iowa is 3 rungs higher. They gave up a big 1st quarter to Arizona with turnovers/special teams that they almost still came back from. Otherwise, they'd be top 5 right now.

Louisville is the #1 offense in the Big East.
That's not saying much...and I'm a huge Louisville fan.

I'll take a bet on every one of those, DV. I'd take the SEC in every matchup. The Big 10, much like Notre Dame, and until this season USC, gets a lot of its high ranking based on past performances. Miami may be a "powerhouse" in the ACC, but that's like saying L'ville has the #1 offense in the Big East. Being the best of the worst doesn't mean you are good.
1. :wv: offense is down from past years, but still can hang some #'s but BigEast just plain sucks this year.

2. the SEC is the media darlings that get high rankings based on past performances. You are completely reversed on that one. Big10 has to overcome predetermined prejudices like "lack of speed", etc. I even hear the media screaming about "a one loss SEC team" blah blah blah. the bias is all in SEC's favor.

2. the SEC is the media darlings that get high rankings based on past performances. You are completely reversed on that one. Big10 has to overcome predetermined prejudices like "lack of speed", etc. I even hear the media screaming about "a one loss SEC team" blah blah blah. the bias is all in SEC's favor.
You want media darling? Look at Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, USC, Miami, etc...

The SEC isn't a media darling, per se, but just historically good. The media actually hated the SEC until the early 2000ish timeframe. I can still remember Lee Corso getting hit in the head with a golf ball during ESPN Gameday. Now they only like us for the ratings.

Considering what everyone has sat through for the past 3 years watching Louisville play, I'll take what they are doing right now.

Considering what everyone has sat through for the past 3 years watching Louisville play, I'll take what they are doing right now.
I'm going to reserve judgement until we get into conference play. So far, we have beaten the shit out of crappy opponents, and lost to good opponents. It's like they can only get motivated to play against teams that they can beat 56-0. We should have won that Oregon State game, but the players were probably demoralized after they got 14 points taken away from them in the first quarter.

Back