CALIFORNIA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Stockton, CA and got my results a couple hours ago. I passed the mech exam, first time! Pretty happy right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
got my results... :( ...guess I'm taking the surveying again...missed by 8 pts this time.

Great news! Congrats!Which module did you select for afternoon?

I took power in afternoon.

I had lot of confusion while doing 3 pahse or single phase power questions. I thought I did them all wrong as I got myself twisted in root 3 factor...to use it or not...I guess I used the factor correctly....

The PE board has not updated the license database with the new license information as of last night.

I checked and it is not updated yet.

For those who will not receive their letters today (hopefully you all do), its going to be a long weekend.

They will hopefully update the database with new license information on Monday night then.

Keeps you hopes high.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

Congrats to all who passed. To answer some questions ahead of time-

1. The database will likely not be updated until Tuesday or Wednesday. Almost everybody will know their fate by then.

2. Shortly you should get a little paper license for your wallet.

3. In about a month you get a fairly nice looking certificate (for people who recently took EIT it looks almost the same).

4. At some point you will get a plastic wallet card. No, they did not eliminate these so don't listen to rumors.

5. In six months you have to pay again.

6. No continuing education requirements for California.

For those who didn't pass, you'll get it next time. My coworker took the EIT and PE a combined 11 times. I passed first time on both. Now he outranks me and is paid more than me. So it doesn't matter how many times it takes you to pass in this state (at least so far).

Do we have to send any money right now for getting the license?
Or we just wait for six months like you are saying?
I think the fee for the first six months is included in the exam fee you already paid. You don't have to send anything for six months. But your letter should explain that. If not, you may want to make sure. But I don't remember sending anything in right off the bat.

I passed my 8hr civil last time. This time I passed only the siesmic. I guess I am taking one step at a time. Next will be Surveying.

Congrats!
Where do you live? I live in Sothern CA and have not eceived it yet. This is a bad weekend!
I'm near downtown LA and no letter today. I made the mailman dig thru his bag twice. I'm pissed! Cocoloco in freaking Louisiana got his today!

Congrats to all who got the good news today! Now it's a nail biter until Monday for me. And a big F-you to the CA board for making this as excruciating as they possibly could.

I'm near downtown LA and no letter today. I made the mailman dig thru his bag twice. I'm pissed! Cocoloco in freaking Louisiana got his today!
Congrats to all who got the good news today! Now it's a nail biter until Monday for me. And a big F-you to the CA board for making this as excruciating as they possibly could.
I live in Pasadena, CA and I got my letter today. I am surprised people from LA have not received them yet. Sorry for you guys!

Everybody should get their letters tomorrow. I don't think they'll update the DB tomorrow, but maybe this year will be the first. But if your name doesn't appear tomorrow, don't think the worst. Wait for your letter.

You are in downtown LA? I am surprised! I live in Pasadena, CA and got the mail around 1:00 pm.

(Passed Civil - my first attempt)

Latest posts

Back