California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you work for Caltrans? because all the Caltrans plans I've seen are stamped by a PE. I'm just curious. Thanks.
No, Caltrans is a state agency so that makes sense that they have to stamp them. I work for the Navy. We require drawings prepared by contractors to be stamped, but we don't have to stamp our own drawings. Critical or complex designs are usually done by contractors though.

Yeah, I don't think you can call yourself a P.E. till you receive your license number. The California Board has to certify that you met all requirements, i.e. pass the exam, pass the take home, ...etc. This is probably why the database hasn't been updated yet.
You're right. The database will be updated with new licensees after the next board meeting. But that is just a formality because anyone that has passed the exam has already met the other qualifications since they were allowed to sit for the exam.

6761. Majority vote on qualifications

In determining the qualifications of an applicant for registration, a majority vote of the board is required.

6762. Certification as professional engineer

Any applicant who has passed the second division examination and has otherwise qualified hereunder as a professional engineer, shall have a certificate of registration issued to him or her as a professional engineer in the particular branch for which he or she is found qualified.

Feel bad for you guys waiting on results. Hope you get em tomorrow, I'm just waiting on my lic # so I can call myself a PE and order a stamp...
I've already started calling myself a PE and added it to my e-mail signature since my boss and a few other PEs told me to, but I'm still anxious to get the license # so that I can get reimbursed for the exam fee.
You guys should get an F on the take home exam
Yeah, I don't think you can call yourself a P.E. till you receive your license number. The California Board has to certify that you met all requirements, i.e. pass the exam, pass the take home, ...etc. This is probably why the database hasn't been updated yet.
good point, but don't they do all that before we are allowed to sit for the exam? I wonder if anyone has ever passed the exam, but was denied a license. That would be very cruel.
From the instructions on the exam:

"To be licensed as a Professional Engineer iCnalifor nia, you must take and pass this

Take Home examination. Your Take Home aemxination should be

submitted with your original aplication to avoid any delays in receiving your license.

While the Board will accept and score this examination if iti is receievd after the

submittal of your original application, the issuance of your license could be significantly

delayed if you wait to submit this examination until after you receive your results on the

other parts of the examination."

I interpret that as you COULD do it after the PE exam but why would you???

i have a friend that just didn't do it, for whatever reason and had the board call him after they scored his exam. the lady said she had everything she needed to process him as a PE except for his take home. oops.

Database last updated Dec 22nd but still nothing

New. The wait to continue.....

Gentlemen, database was updated this morning and either nobody has passed or results are not in yet

I bet it will be after the New Year till we find out our license number. They are probably waiting on the seismic results.

Yeah, the license numbers are given out in the order that the applications were accepted so they will have to wait for all the exam results to be completed before they can provide the numbers.

I'm getting desperate. I really hope the Board's heart grows three sizes today so I can enjoy my roast beast on Sunday night.

grinch-heart2.jpg

Just curious, what time during the day have the new engineers been added to the data base? The NCEES 8-hr results were released just before lunch, maybe the data base is the same?

Just curious, what time during the day have the new engineers been added to the data base? The NCEES 8-hr results were released just before lunch, maybe the data base is the same?
That is handled by the NCEES. This is handled by the very efficient State of California. I think the database updates in the morning at about 8 to reflect the previous day's date.

Dec. 27, 2:15AM:

dca-lookup.jpg
Our records are currently being updated. Please check later.

This information is updated Monday through Friday - Last updated: DEC-23-2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having lots of problems getting through the lic # search. Lots of time outs. Had one go through for #78857 a few minutes ago with no result though. Hope they're updating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having lots of problems getting through the lic # search. Lots of time outs. Had one go through for #78857 a few minutes ago with no result though. Hope they're updating.
I've been having the same problem. I checked around 530am this morning and the search wouldn't come up.

Updating maybe the records for non-Civil licenses...but I doubt they are ready to release seismic and survey results because they weren't ready on Friday and I can't imagine them working through Christmas to get them through

I experienced the same thing. Possibly/hopefully updating.. has anyone gotten surveying or seismic results yet?

Back