Calculators

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
College- TI-89

FE- TI-30X

PE- Casio FX-115ES (waiting on results...)

I personally am a TI guy, but I thought the Casio was WORLDS better than the TI for this exam. It is truly all about what you are comfortable with. Just get used to whatever you are gonna use and know it in and out!

FE: TI 30XIIS

PE: HP 33s (October 2010)

I used TI calculators all through High school and college and I wish I would have gave HP a chance earlier. Once I got the hang of using RPN, I'll never go back to a TI.

TI-36x Solar for both the FE and the PE, although not the same one since I lost my calculator in the intervening year. Is that a bad omen for my pending PE results?

TI-30X for FE and HP-35s for PE. Switched to RPN a few years back and wish I would have done it while in school!

TI on my FE and passed the first time. Switched to the Casio Ex115MS for the PE because the TI wouldn't register keystrokes if they were in rapid succession.

HP-28S on FE (yeah, it was a few years back)

Casio FX-115ES on PE. I like the Casios, they're cheap and work well. For around 15 bucks each, hard to beat. I did use my spare during the PE exam, as the first one I picked up came up in a funky mode that I couldn't get it out of.

Back