CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just sayin' - many of you know this, but just to calm any frazzled CA Board website checkers:

They haven't updated the website yet - it's still stuck on the same license number it's been on for the last week. So, if you don't see your name there, it doesn't mean you failed.

OK. Back to work. 30 mins left, yay!

Just got the letter, I passed!!! It was my second time, I passed surveying the first time and knocked out the last two in October!!!. I am in the Bay Area by the way. Congrats on all who passed and for those who didn't, it happens but its not the end of the world even though it is a blow to the ego, get it next time.
Congrats!! which depth did u take? how much did u expect in the AM and PM...

Thanks.

I'm just sayin' - many of you know this, but just to calm any frazzled CA Board website checkers:They haven't updated the website yet - it's still stuck on the same license number it's been on for the last week. So, if you don't see your name there, it doesn't mean you failed.

OK. Back to work. 30 mins left, yay!
I'll be expecting to see some pictures of them heels over the weekend...

Hope you you will be celebrating tonight. I am planning on knocking back a few single malts tonight!

On Monday I am going to march up to my Boss and demand a raise. Depending on his reaction and outcome, I'll know if this bloody thing was worth busting my arse for...

Now that I passed it is rather anti-climactic.
I wonder how that feels? WHERE THE HECK IS MY LETTER? LOL
On Monday I am going to march up to my Boss and demand a raise. Depending on his reaction and outcome, I'll know if this bloody thing was worth busting my arse for...

HELL yes it was. And, if you don't get a decent raise, I recommend you take your newly-stamped self elsewhere......from what I'm told, that's the way to get the biggest bump in pay.

Just got the letter, I passed!!! It was my second time, I passed surveying the first time and knocked out the last two in October!!!. I am in the Bay Area by the way. Congrats on all who passed and for those who didn't, it happens but its not the end of the world even though it is a blow to the ego, get it next time.
Congrats!! which depth did u take? how much did u expect in the AM and PM...

Thanks.
Depth was Geotech. Morning was pretty fair and basic, afternoon was more difficult than the first time that I took it but I studied a lot more for it the 2nd time. I felt the first time I wasted too much time studying for the morning session which contained mostly very basic questions and neglected to study enough geotech which was to my detriment because I am in the field nearly 100% and not conducting much analysis.

Congrats.

I will get my letter tomorrow or Monday because I lived in NY.
First time or not first time? It says 36% passed NCEES.

If anything, I tell my boss that I don't expect a raise because of these tough economic times and thank them for the support. Much more honorable, and you are in complete control. Any way you spin, you are in the drivers seat.
Way to go... brown nose the old boy/gal and you'll have a job for life.
Agreed. If you say that, you are 100% guaranteed NOT to get a raise. If your billing rate goes up as a result of your PE status, you definitely should get a raise, otherwise they are just making $$$$ off of you. F%#& that!

If you are denied a raise, ask for a reason and carefully consider their explanation. If you feel it's bullshit, don't threaten to go elsewhere- just do it (of course, don't give your notice until you have a signed/accepted offer elsewhere). You don't want to work for a place where you have to fight to get paid what you're worth.

Good luck, everyone!

If anything, I tell my boss that I don't expect a raise because of these tough economic times and thank them for the support. Much more honorable, and you are in complete control. Any way you spin, you are in the drivers seat.

It's how you approach it really. I don't have a problem with being honest and there's nothing wrong with thanking your employer. However, every promotion I have ever gotten is from leaving a company.

It's how you approach it really. I don't have a problem with being honest and there's nothing wrong with thanking your employer. However, every promotion I have ever gotten is from leaving a company.
True - in my present situation I feel like I'm getting used by my employer (as do many of my coworkers). But if you have a good boss, and you're getting a fair wage, then I can definitely understand and agree with your approach.

Plus, I'm kinda drunk, so my crankiness at my current situation is coming out ;)

Time to get on the bus....goodnight, Cali PE test takers! Best of luck....let us know how you did.

Anybody who took WR depth got their results yet?
Hello,

I just got the letter in Sacramento, WR Depth "Pass"
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Congratulations! :bananapowerslide:
Well , I just took the 8hr ..I have the seismic and surveying left so 1/2 congrats :)
Congratulations to all who passed, and best of luck to the rest " don't give up but study hard"
Congratulations EISSAH....how much did u expect in the AM and PM portion?

I am expecting about 25 in the AM and about 27 in the PM...hopefully that is enough to pass!!!

True - in my present situation I feel like I'm getting used by my employer (as do many of my coworkers). But if you have a good boss, and you're getting a fair wage, then I can definitely understand and agree with your approach.

Plus, I'm kinda drunk, so my crankiness at my current situation is coming out ;)

Time to get on the bus....goodnight, Cali PE test takers! Best of luck....let us know how you did.
these are the times of the brown-nosers and ass-kissers. alas i'm an ass-kicker :) ). Anyways, what about your result? I guess you were wishing good luck to urself too, for the time of ur travel from office to home.

I have been a silent observer past few days on the forum and it helped me deal with my anxiety. So thank you all a lot. I just got my result letter as well and passed the 8 hr and seimic but failed surveying. It was my first attempt and I kind of knew I would fail surveying. I think was expecting around 28-30 on it but the cut-offs might have been higher. Good luck to all you guys who haven't opened their mails yet and all thee out of states who have to wait the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back