CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt pass but my diagnostic says:

BREADTH:Basic engineering practice : 33%

BREADTH:Mechanical SYstem and Materials: 38%

BREADTH:Hydraulics and Fluids: 71%

BREADTH:Energy and Power Systems: 50%

HVAC and Refrigeration:57%

HVAC Thermodynamics:0%

HVAC Psychrometrics:33%

HVAC Heat Transfer:40%

HVAC Fluid MEchanics:100%

HVAC Compressible flow:0%

HVAC Energy Balances:50%

HVAC Equipment and Components:50%

HVAC Systems:43%

HVAC supportive Knowledge: 33%

This is such a bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
just joined the forum.... got my letter today..

passed seismic in april 09 and passed 8 hours (structural) this time... failed surveying for second time...interesting thing is i studied for surveying much more than other two subject both times but couldn t get through it...

ppl who passed survey might be able to gimme some study strategy and references...i have been using Cumo surveying.

Congrats to all who passed...

Passed!!!

Mechanical - HVAC

1st time

SF

I got the letter in the mail yesterday but didn't get home from a work trip until late last night. Congrats to all that passed!

Did anyone from AZ who took the exam in CA got their results yet?

Last time I received my letter on Saturday.....guess this time I will have to wait till monday...

Got my results :mf_followthroughfart:
8 hour - Fail

Seismic - Fail

Survey - Pass

Mother F-er!
Sorry about that. That is strange though, given that Survey is the one that takes its toll. What's your diagnostic, especially for first day.

:party-smiley-048:

I passed! Got the letter today, Los Angeles area. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Civil/Construction Depth

just joined the forum.... got my letter today..passed seismic in april 09 and passed 8 hours (structural) this time... failed surveying for second time...interesting thing is i studied for surveying much more than other two subject both times but couldn t get through it...

ppl who passed survey might be able to gimme some study strategy and references...i have been using Cumo surveying.

I passed both seismic and 8 hrs with structural depth the first time but failed surveying again. I really don't know what happened because they do not give you much of an explanation. Wasn't my week before the test and obviously wasn't my day during, but still I did worst than the first time??? Deficient in every category except office procedure. I got a couple of marginals, one proficient and one deficient in office procedure in the last report.

Congrads to those that don't have to take it again.

"CONGRATULATIONS!

We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully passed the October 2009 Civil Engineer examination."

YEA BABY!!!!!!!! Just got the mail, sushi and sake tonight, time to celebrate!!! :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

Congratz everyone who passed and better luck next time to folks that didn't get the good news.

chaocl said:
I still don't have my result on Saturday...but last time my friend got it on Sat. (NY) I was thinking that the post office may seperate the mail into two catergory. (Heavy and light) They deliever the light mail first and delay the heavy one until Monday...
Therefore without my mail on Sat. that my chance to pass this time might be less and less......

Too many pressure on me now.......People who get their PE license will get salary increase...but I just want to sercure my job...Also my wife is asking me that am I going back to visit her country last week..but I answer her that if I pass then I will go back with her (If I go back for about a month that my job might be replace by someone already). How am I going back with her if I don't have my license? How am I going to affoard the expensive air ticket for us? How am I going to have a kid which his dad is unemployee?

My life won't moving forward without passing my PE license.
Don't give up until you see the failed letter, there was probably a big delay in cali cuz we had a 7 days storm this past week, so keep your head up. Tell yourself you gave your best shot and try harder next time if you didn't get it this time, don't ever dwell on things you have no control over. Good luck!

chaocl said:
I still don't have my result on Saturday...but last time my friend got it on Sat. (NY) I was thinking that the post office may seperate the mail into two catergory. (Heavy and light) They deliever the light mail first and delay the heavy one until Monday...
Therefore without my mail on Sat. that my chance to pass this time might be less and less......

Too many pressure on me now.......People who get their PE license will get salary increase...but I just want to sercure my job...Also my wife is asking me that am I going back to visit her country last week..but I answer her that if I pass then I will go back with her (If I go back for about a month that my job might be replace by someone already). How am I going back with her if I don't have my license? How am I going to affoard the expensive air ticket for us? How am I going to have a kid which his dad is unemployee?

My life won't moving forward without passing my PE license.
Don't give up until you see the failed letter, there was probably a big delay in cali cuz we had a 7 days storm this past week, so keep your head up. Tell yourself you gave your best shot and try harder next time if you didn't get it this time, don't ever dwell on things you have no control over. Good luck!
Thanks. I will waiting my result next week.

I didnt pass but my diagnostic says:BREADTH:Basic engineering practice : 33%

BREADTH:Mechanical SYstem and Materials: 38%

BREADTH:Hydraulics and Fluids: 71%

BREADTH:Energy and Power Systems: 50%

HVAC and Refrigeration:57%

HVAC Thermodynamics:0%

HVAC Psychrometrics:33%

HVAC Heat Transfer:40%

HVAC Fluid MEchanics:100%

HVAC Compressible flow:0%

HVAC Energy Balances:50%

HVAC Equipment and Components:50%

HVAC Systems:43%

HVAC supportive Knowledge: 33%

This is such a bummer.
Believe me I have been there twice. Based on you diagnostic your score was 45%. My two diagnostic scores were 58% and 59% and my reported score was 65 and 68 respectivly. I passed my third attempt (MD depth). Hope this helps.

I got my letter (Fullerton). I passed all...Thank you all and goodluck to those who did not make it.

I am licensed CE now!

This is my 2nd attempt and I cleared my only hurdle "Surveying".

Congrats to all who made it.

just joined the forum.... got my letter today..passed seismic in april 09 and passed 8 hours (structural) this time... failed surveying for second time...interesting thing is i studied for surveying much more than other two subject both times but couldn t get through it...

I passed both seismic and 8 hrs with structural depth the first time but failed surveying again. I really don't know what happened because they do not give you much of an explanation. Wasn't my week before the test and obviously wasn't my day during, but still I did worst than the first time??? Deficient in every category except office procedure. I got a couple of marginals, one proficient and one deficient in office procedure in the last report.

Congrads to those that don't have to take it again.

join the club...i passed all but surveying and it was the only one i thought i passed :(

join the club...i passed all but surveying and it was the only one i thought i passed :(
so you thought u will only pass survey and u failed that and passed everything else. things are crazy i guess. still waiting.

:bananalama:

The letter came today - I passed!

I took the electrical power exam - I'm in Santa Cruz.

Congrats to all who passed - to those who didn't, don't get discouraged - get back into it for another try, you've got a lot of support and encouragement here.

Back