Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mussels too! I honestly don't eat them that much, but splurged a bit on the mussels and the white fish (I used rockfish) to make this stew, and I don't regret it. At a restaurant I used to go to, they had invariably had some fish & choriza stew that I would always order. This was a good comparison. Chorizo would have been a great addition in place of the white fish, too!
The biggest thing I miss about switching from Costco to BJ's is the loss of the fresh seafood section.  Costco used to have this massive bag of mussels for like $13 that was good for about three big dinners.  I'd just toss them in a pan with butter and white wine and go to town.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My company is doing free lunch on fridays for those of us in the office. 

We got pho today. it's my first time having pho (since most of the places around here only do pork based broth and i don't eat pork). it tastes good but i'm definitely struggling to not make a mess with this broth lol 

it's my first time having pho (since most of the places around here only do pork based broth
Uhm...these are not trad places, are they? Hahaha, it's not supposed to be a pork dish...

Hope this doesn't ruin your impression of this dish (it's in my top 5 things to eat before I get executed foods). If it's pork-based, it's super wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm...these are not trad places, are they? Hahaha, it's not supposed to be a pork dish...

Hope this doesn't ruin your impression of this dish (it's in my top 5 things to eat before I get executed foods). If it's pork-based, it's super wrong.
 I live in a gentrified foodie city. In a state that's 96% white. So I'm gonna go with most are not traditional places. 

Absolutely fantastic leftovers of “the stew”, whose names is actually Spiced Chickpea Stew Coconut and Turmeric. It’s probably my favorite recipe by one of my favorite people, Alison Roman. It’s freaking delicious!

Lunch yesterday was leftover mushroom tacos + rice + beans. Lunch today is gonna be leftover sweet and spicy tofu udon noodles!

Back