Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
POKE

ahi tuna and salmon and pineapple and avo and edamame and cucumber and spicy sweet sesame sauce. NO CILANTRO

Bulgogi-kimchi-rice-plate-1.jpg

Again!

Fried rice with egg, green onion, cashews, pineapple, shredded carrots, red onion, peas, and edamame. My family has it for Chinese New Year, and it makes a ton, so we always have lots of leftovers. Today is leftover veggie chili.

Leftover hibachi from yesterday.  No, I didn't go. :(   Mrs. MS took the birthday boy to hibachi lunch.  
hibachi is one of my faaaaaves

main thing i loved about raleigh is all the places with hibachi to gooooooooooo

Hibachi is bland rice and chicken for people who like to hear spatulas banging.

I hope that mini-MS didn't get any sake shots from across the table!!

Hibachi is bland rice and chicken for people who like to hear spatulas banging.
... and stacked onion fire trains.  Mini MS2 loves trains made of onions and spewing fire.  Mini MS2 will get onion fire trains on his birthday.

So i had not been to the cafeteria in the basement of our building in a while (food was about the same level as school lunch food) but they have a salad bar so I was going to hit that up.

But I was pleasantly surprised that whomever the building leases the food space out to had an utterly brilliant idea - every day they invite a different food truck vendor to occupy what used to be "the pizza station" - so I had some awesome food truck pork tacos for lunch today -totally great idea (and I didn't have to go outside)

Mongolian beef (homemade!!!) with rice.  The sauce is so much better than my local Chinese place, so I def think this is going to be a much used recipe going forward, and it's a cheap way of using up pre-sliced meat I grab from the grocery store on discount.

Tonight is going to be chili, so that will most likely be lunch tomorrow!  I'll keep you updated!!

Mongolian beef (homemade!!!) with rice.  The sauce is so much better than my local Chinese place, so I def think this is going to be a much used recipe going forward, and it's a cheap way of using up pre-sliced meat I grab from the grocery store on discount.

Tonight is going to be chili, so that will most likely be lunch tomorrow!  I'll keep you updated!!
Recipe?  Our household loves its knock-off Chinese food.

Recipe?  Our household loves its knock-off Chinese food.
I modified it slightly because I didn't feel like finding multiple measuring cups/I had less beef than they had on the original recipe, and I changed the cooking order, but the original recipe is here: https://www.garnishandglaze.com/mongolian-beef/

I used more sesame oil and garlic, because I love that flavor, and I did only a 1/3 c. of b. sugar + soy sauce + water.  I cooked the beef beforehand and drained the oil, but then threw the garlic straight in to get that great caked on/cooked beefy bits at the bottom of the pan.  Sauce is a little sweeter than I expected, but I used dark brown sugar instead of light sugar, so that might have been why.  

Thanks.  That's pretty much identical to the version I make, albeit with ground beef and a bunch of red pepper flakes.

Back