August 2020 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone,

I am confused with the result notice. It says a green Pass in Table 1 but it also tells so many other things in the letter like reexamination and stuff. Because in PE Exam the areas of the test are only discussed if you fail. So can anyone tell me if I passed or failed? 
Yes, you passed! The body of the email/letter is the same whether you passed or not. All that matters is what it says in the Table (pass!). 

I passed too!! Feels great. I failed the first time after I didn’t study enough; I’m structural and I thought my work experience would help me through. But I had never taken a formal course in seismic, so there were gaps in my knowledge. After studying thoroughly with the Hiner book I passed! 

I have surveying next month. Hopefully that will be passed as well! To everyone who has a test remaining... lets do it!

Yes, you passed! The body of the email/letter is the same whether you passed or not. All that matters is what it says in the Table (pass!). 

I passed too!! Feels great. I failed the first time after I didn’t study enough; I’m structural and I thought my work experience would help me through. But I had never taken a formal course in seismic, so there were gaps in my knowledge. After studying thoroughly with the Hiner book I passed! 

I have surveying next month. Hopefully that will be passed as well! To everyone who has a test remaining... lets do it!
Thank you so much. I just didn't want to celebrate prematurely, because that could have been even worse if the result was in negative. 

I had used AEI. I believe it prepared me well. Dr Ahmed is a brilliant educator.

I did have a panic attack in the test as I didn't know if I was pacing through the test at the right speed or I was slow. The user interface of the test was bit weird and that definitely threw me off. The N95 mask created a quite a distraction because I started feeling bit breathless. I though I had 50/50 chance but good to be on the passing side. Phew!!!

One more surveying test to go and I am done with tests. 

Seismic fail, life sucks. 
Please dont feel that way. I was from structures background and felt I had 50/50 chance with seismic. And before this test I had to take the 8-hour PE thrice. The third time around I had literally given up. I know it feels too bad. I was in that situation and used to take me months to come in terms with it. So just hang-in there and may be take a break. 

If you are looking for recommendations then I would suggest AEI. It prepared me really well and the problems in the text book and in the practice tests were top notch. I feel Hiner problems were bit easy and tricky. 

I still have not received my results for Seismic. Does anybody have not received their results yet too?

Check your Spam folder maybe? When did you take your exam?

It's not in the spam folder too. I took the test last 08/18, I received the seismic result last month fine. As mentioned previously, my computer hanged twice during the test and lost about 5 mins of time. Prometric filed a report to the Board, that may be the case?

I didn't pass surveying. I actually did worse. Im not sure what happened so Jan 2021 here I come. 

I waited over 30 minutes to open up the email, but I passed Surverying!! Officially a PE!

For reference, I flagged a total of 16 questions and guessed blindly on about 7 of those 16 because I ran out of time. 

Cheers all!

Back