Ask an EB.com "lady".....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and mike, you need a better wing man. Ble has failed you.

Wow this really got off track.

Jim and I still don't know what to get our wife's.

It means, "If you get me a gift, and we agreed no gifts, I'm going to be pissed."

Signed,

I once made him return a Nook because it was over the agreed upon dollar amount
This!!!

mr snick had to return a Wii for similar reasons...and i would never use it

It's always better to over shoot the dollar amount.

I failed to do this one time and I still hear about how crappy that gift was. Never mind the fact that it wasn't what she wanted, it was a last minute buy at Walmart, we didn't have the space for it, it didn't match the decor...

^ damned if you do, damned if you don't. It takes less effort to just "don't." Go to the bar instead.

If you have the kind of woman that expects a gift I would say you could never go wrong with $75 to $100 earrings or. necklace a lot etc.

Decent camera

IF And only if she is a runner or some other exercise type person you could get some type of exercise accessory however if your wife these to lose more than one pound I do not recommend this.

If your wife works one thing that she won't admit it but she will love is if during the workday you send a really large thing of flowers to her work.

Not only will she get lots of attention she will also be hated by every other married woman there which will somehow in a woman's world make her feel good.

I got the wifey a carpet shampooer for our anniversary and I got crap for years, but when the damn thing finally wore out , she said she really liked it.

If you have the kind of woman that expects a gift I would say you could never go wrong with $75 to $100 earrings or. necklace a lot etc.

Decent camera

IF And only if she is a runner or some other exercise type person you could get some type of exercise accessory however if your wife these to lose more than one pound I do not recommend this.

If your wife works one thing that she won't admit it but she will love is if during the workday you send a really large thing of flowers to her work.

Not only will she get lots of attention she will also be hated by every other married woman there which will somehow in a woman's world make her feel good.
RG nailed it. Which might be why the only time he sleeps on the couch is after he's nailed wifey on it while the kids are at camp.

And then all of the husbands of those other married women will hate you for making them look bad. If you're ok with that, this is the correct answer........

I've randomly done this for no particular occasion. It went over really well. Although everyone in her office was asking what I did wrong to get in trouble.

Decent camera

I used to do that when wifey was working and it is true. She loved when I sent flowers to where she was working. Now, when I send flowers, she does not like it and gives me the " why are you WASTING money on that?" talk.

:true:

I think they should run the "He went to Jared" commercials year round for all the ladies birthdays out there!

oh by the way, and I know that no one cares, but Fathers day is coming up..
I already order a present for Fathers Day for my Dad. :p some people care

I often wondered how the gift things worked out there for people with merged finances... like isn't she going to see that you spent the money? and won't you know in advance that she bought something for you?
Yes, but you can keep them from figuring out the specific item by buying either with cash or from a place that sells more than one thing. I generally buy off of Amazon for that reason - she knows where I am buying, but not what I am buying.

I feel like some babies are going to get made tonight with all the banging going on in here.

I dunno, based on ble and NJ mike's conversation up there, the non-baby-making orifice is their primary target.

I think they should run the "He went to Jared" commercials year round for all the ladies birthdays out there!

oh by the way, and I know that no one cares, but Fathers day is coming up..
I already order a present for Fathers Day for my Dad. :p some people care

I often wondered how the gift things worked out there for people with merged finances... like isn't she going to see that you spent the money? and won't you know in advance that she bought something for you?
Yes, but you can keep them from figuring out the specific item by buying either with cash or from a place that sells more than one thing. I generally buy off of Amazon for that reason - she knows where I am buying, but not what I am buying.
Amazon is evil.

And I now know that I need to discuss a few things regarding gift giving with the husband....

Back