Ask an EB.com "lady".....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprise date night? As in take her to a restaurant, maybe romantic walk outside if the weather is nice or someplace else she isn't expecting. Maybe find someone to take the kid(s) overnight so you guys can fully enjoy the night. Give her a full body massage without expecting anything in return.

A variation on this idea, plan a surprise weekend getaway. Doesn't have to be expensive but maybe someplace you can drive to and just hang out and relax.

Is there anything she is really passionate about? I'm really passionate about cats and donating to shelters. For my wedding I asked guests to donate to a shelter rather than bring a gift. Not sure if anyone did. If she's into something like that, a donation in her name could be a good gift.

Does she like flowers? I know it sounds cliche but my favorite flower is a type that can't just be bought at any store. My husband special ordered them for me when he proposed and that meant a lot.

Surprise date night? As in take her to a restaurant, maybe romantic walk outside if the weather is nice or someplace else she isn't expecting. Maybe find someone to take the kid(s) overnight so you guys can fully enjoy the night. Give her a full body massage without expecting anything in return.

A variation on this idea, plan a surprise weekend getaway. Doesn't have to be expensive but maybe someplace you can drive to and just hang out and relax.

Is there anything she is really passionate about? I'm really passionate about cats and donating to shelters. For my wedding I asked guests to donate to a shelter rather than bring a gift. Not sure if anyone did. If she's into something like that, a donation in her name could be a good gift.

Does she like flowers? I know it sounds cliche but my favorite flower is a type that can't just be bought at any store. My husband special ordered them for me when he proposed and that meant a lot.
I was thinking power tools. But you're suggestions might work out better in the long run.

I was thinking power tools. But you're suggestions might work out better in the long run.
Depends on what kind of power "tool" you're talking about...

Depends on what kind of power "tool" you're talking about...
:eyebrows:

I think I'd take my chances with the power tools. I'd have a shot at doing the maintenance on those without doing it wrong and having them blow up...

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear EB.com lady,

So..... I managed to get my wife flowers, a card, and took her out for a fancy dinner without the kids on our anniversary but prior to this I got mixed signals as to whether to buy a "real" gift; so I didn't. (I counted the mother's day gift in with the anniversary gift because it was pretty big...) Now that we are past the date, I feel a little like I should have done more. Is it too late to do something additional or should I wait for the next life event and get credit for it then?

Are my feelings of guilt just the 8 years of marriage training that I have now been through?

Thanks in advance!

A Husband.

that depends on the woman. dinner and time together for anniversay are fine to me but birthdays require a little more.

that depends on the woman. dinner and time together for anniversay are fine to me but birthdays require a little more.
I'm really confused by all this. Wife's bday is in June and our anniversary is in July, I better get my sh!t together. :)

Good luck Lumber Jim.

My husband and I always talk in advance about gifts/no gifts for the anniversary. That way no one feels like an a-hole.

Signed,

engineering ladies are awesome

Lol, yeah, when a woman says, "You don't need to get me a gift," it's a trap. It means "You'd better get me a gift!"

It means, "If you get me a gift, and we agreed no gifts, I'm going to be pissed."

Signed,

I once made him return a Nook because it was over the agreed upon dollar amount

The way I see it is with a single income (mine) what ever she gets for me is something that I paid for so what's the point? If I want something I go buy it. And yes MP is 1000% correct. It's a dirty trap. Damn you women.

Back