Ask an EB.com "lady".....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon's not exactly evil. Not my favorite company, but certainly not as bad as many others. It probably helps that I know people at several levels within the company. They're certainly better than Walmart or Target overall.

We actually don't get each other gifts. We do things for each other, which makes it really special. You have to know what your SO likes and interests are, and giving or doing something within those likes and interests are the best "gifts" IMO.

I did that for a while. These days I feel like I can afford to buy her things so I do; I just make sure they are relevant to her interests in some major way. She does the same. We cheat, though; aside from careers we're eerily similar in interests, so almost anything we get is useful for both of us.

edit: Decided it'd be weird to reply twice in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol...no

He is kinda cute, but again, it's not a dating site.
Anything on the internet that includes a name, some sort of description, and a photo, is inherently a dating site.
Hmm, following that logic, my place of employment comes with a built in dating site...I'll inform all my single coworkers!
Now you're getting it! It certainly doesn't serve any other purpose. They figure you guys can just breed new employees!

Anything on the internet that includes a name, some sort of description, and a photo, is inherently a dating site.

One of this forum's members got married after being picked up on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

There is another one that is dating a... wait, how do you word that...

one fourm members friends is dating another fourm member? is that worded right?

Discussions like that make me feel like a hipster. I was dating people I met online before the internet... well, OK, not *before* the internet, but certainly before it got huge. She ran a WWIVnet node.

I think you got that right. Does that make her an EB groupie?

I think you got that right. Does that make her an EB groupie?

hmmmm.... possibly

So....linked in....supposed to be a professional networking site, right? I think I'm getting hit up on, on linked in. Yeah, so it's not a dating site. Fess up if it's one of you doing it!

Just sent a flirty PM through Linkedin, for science. Let's see if they notice.

Back