Ask an EB.com "lady".....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means, "If you get me a gift, and we agreed no gifts, I'm going to be pissed."

Signed,

I once made him return a Nook because it was over the agreed upon dollar amount
This!!!

mr snick had to return a Wii for similar reasons...and i would never use it

I think they should run the "He went to Jared" commercials year round for all the ladies birthdays out there!

oh by the way, and I know that no one cares, but Fathers day is coming up..

I think they should run the "He went to Jared" commercials year round for all the ladies birthdays out there!

this. gonna get a case of beer and sit in the pool all day with my stein that reads:

leave_me_alone_its_fathers_day_coffee_mug-r8457b43a81ed4bbeb6426d9e15247d84_x7jsr_8byvr_512.jpg

Surprise date night? As in take her to a restaurant, maybe romantic walk outside if the weather is nice or someplace else she isn't expecting. Maybe find someone to take the kid(s) overnight so you guys can fully enjoy the night. Give her a full body massage without expecting anything in return.

A variation on this idea, plan a surprise weekend getaway. Doesn't have to be expensive but maybe someplace you can drive to and just hang out and relax.

Is there anything she is really passionate about? I'm really passionate about cats and donating to shelters. For my wedding I asked guests to donate to a shelter rather than bring a gift. Not sure if anyone did. If she's into something like that, a donation in her name could be a good gift.

Does she like flowers? I know it sounds cliche but my favorite flower is a type that can't just be bought at any store. My husband special ordered them for me when he proposed and that meant a lot.
I was thinking power tools. But you're suggestions might work out better in the long run.
I got a pneumatic nailer for Mother's Day.

Surprise date night? As in take her to a restaurant, maybe romantic walk outside if the weather is nice or someplace else she isn't expecting. Maybe find someone to take the kid(s) overnight so you guys can fully enjoy the night. Give her a full body massage without expecting anything in return.

A variation on this idea, plan a surprise weekend getaway. Doesn't have to be expensive but maybe someplace you can drive to and just hang out and relax.

Is there anything she is really passionate about? I'm really passionate about cats and donating to shelters. For my wedding I asked guests to donate to a shelter rather than bring a gift. Not sure if anyone did. If she's into something like that, a donation in her name could be a good gift.

Does she like flowers? I know it sounds cliche but my favorite flower is a type that can't just be bought at any store. My husband special ordered them for me when he proposed and that meant a lot.
I was thinking power tools. But you're suggestions might work out better in the long run.
I got a pneumatic nailer for Mother's Day.
Sounds kinky!

My husband and I always talk in advance about gifts/no gifts for the anniversary. That way no one feels like an a-hole.

Signed,

engineering ladies are awesome

Our discussion didn't happen until we were on our way to dinner...

Does it make any difference that I didn't get flowers or a card? I think I'm still ahead...

The new baby boy that I got earlier this year was pretty cool though.

this. gonna get a case of beer and sit in the pool all day with my stein that reads:

leave_me_alone_its_fathers_day_coffee_mug-r8457b43a81ed4bbeb6426d9e15247d84_x7jsr_8byvr_512.jpg
mr snick would be sitting on the hammock he got for his birthday drinking vodka and cranberry juice out of said stein...

mr snick would be sitting on the hammock he got for his birthday drinking vodka and cranberry juice out of said stein...
vodka and oj is an equal alternative for me.

I already order a present for Fathers Day for my Dad. :p some people care

I often wondered how the gift things worked out there for people with merged finances... like isn't she going to see that you spent the money? and won't you know in advance that she bought something for you?

^depends on close to the date the shopping is done, how close to the statement date of said credit card used for the purchase or frequency of online checking of the card purchases,

Now that work has blocked most of the credit card/bank account sites I don't check nearly as often as I used to.

My wife and I keep separate, but linked, checking accounts. I only see her spending if I intentionally click on the account. We also typically don't exchange gifts. But I know I should do something.

My wife and I keep separate, but linked, checking accounts. I only see her spending if I intentionally click on the account. We also typically don't exchange gifts. But I know I should do something.

lol, we only have our individual accounts linked to the joint account, so if we need to transfer money there is a shared link but only that one...

My wife is the opposite of most wives, hates to spend money, but likes to have lots and lots of sex ;)

so the bad part of that is I cant just go buy something for bday, annivesrary, I have to plan something....

What makes her happy these days, is mothers day I made the kids plan and cook a big meal for her with cookies (they made a fucking mess but it worked) she was appreciative of the level of effort and my supervisory skills :D

So I get tired of dreaming shit up like that but I do what I got to do.. little stuff seems to go a long way... unlike most women what makes her happy is no less than 4 figures in the checking account at all times...

lol,  we only have our individual accounts linked to the joint account, so if we need to transfer money there is a shared link but only that one...  
We find that keeping most of the money separate, we avoid fights about money. We have bills that we agreed to pay, and we trust each other that they will get paid.

I already put together Mr. YMZ's present, which is a collage frame with a graphic I made in Photoshop saying "We Love Daddy Because..." and a series of photographs of the girls holding chalkboard signs saying why they love him. It was a pain to get them to verbalize their thoughts and pose for the photos but Mr. YMZ loves sentimental stuff like that.

My wife is the opposite of most wives, hates to spend money, but likes to have lots and lots of sex ;)
She sounds like me.

Back