April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking through the October 2020 thread cause why not? It took 32 pages for someone to say they got results (legit), and that was 7.5 weeks.
It wasn't really that long was it? I didn't think it was that long?

<Checks Oct 2020 release map>

Yeesh, that was a long time, and uhhh not encouraging.

But what bothers me is that the date changed on the NCEES portal and that was the day before the results were released.
https://engineerboards.com/threads/...period-welcome-to-the-suck.36108/post-7674224
Our dates changed to include the day and that was over a week ago, and we are only 5.5 weeks in! Something is fishy lol
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on there. It used to be a more reliable indicator that things were about to happen. Maybe it was always a red herring and it was just a coincidence that it preceded results for a few years.

It wasn't really that long was it? I didn't think it was that long?

<Checks Oct 2020 release map>

Yeesh, that was a long time, and uhhh not encouraging.
Yep, October 2020 was 53 days by my investigations... Yikes

But Oct 2019 was 48 days, so it wasn't too far off from that mess

Yep, October 2020 was 53 days by my investigations... Yikes

But Oct 2019 was 48 days, so it wasn't too far off from that mess
I mean... that's on the late end of par for other Oct exams. But it was all CE exams and there was no cut score meetings. Let's call it 60% of the workload for a "normal" October session and there was no real change in release time. Sorta means that our hope of an unusually fast turnaround this April was unfounded.

8FDB6B5C-0A95-4349-816F-AB0FB879D061.jpeg I just tried to look at the GA license verification page online and it says it's down until next tues 6/8 - maybe this is a sign?

Important to note that October 2020 was stalled because the registration for the special January Exam had to close before they released October's results. They didn't want people to use that session for immediate retakes, and the easiest way to ensure that was to keep everyone "pending" until the registration window closed. As painful as that delay was, at least we were given a "no sooner than" date.

Important to note that October 2020 was stalled because the registration for the special January Exam had to close before they released October's results. They didn't want people to use that session for immediate retakes, and the easiest way to ensure that was to keep everyone "pending" until the registration window closed. As painful as that delay was, at least we were given a "no sooner than" date.
I think October 2020 was unusual because of the special January exam and the cancellation of the April exam.

The "no sooner than" date is technically always given: 8 weeks after the exam date. That would be June 18, 2021 this time around.

It hasn't taken nearly that long for any of the spring exams for at least the last five years, but this is the PE Exam we're talking about: WHO THE HELL KNOWS?!?!?

Well now you're just asking for it

You might be right. I'm going to have to double check now. I know I kept my EIT letter somewhere, and I'll have to check the date with my EIT certificate. I'm old enough that I got it when PA issued wall certs for EIT and PE!

I definitely remember there was a rush to send in everything ASAP because of the 4-year Oct approval, but I seem to recall that it was also loosely tied to luck and whenever NCEES finally sent out the FE results. I was taking a once/ye October exam so I really wanted to get it all done quickly. In the end it didn't matter. Between grad school and my wedding schedule I wound up not taking it until nine Octobers (8 years) after I graduated undergrad.

I'm still pretty sure the backdated my labmates certificate though.
I looked back and the date issued was the date my transcript was received around 4:15 pm...

I also found the papers with them calling me dance...

When I got my wall certificate of my PE license, it had a typo! It said I was now licensed in “Civil Engineer Engineering”. It was a pretty entertaining typo! But then I ended up having to send the certificate back to the CA BPELSG, so they could reissue me one that said plain old “Civil Engineering”.

When I got my wall certificate of my PE license, it had a typo! It said I was now licensed in “Civil Engineer Engineering”. It was a pretty entertaining typo! But then I ended up having to send the certificate back to the CA BPELSG, so they could reissue me one that said plain old “Civil Engineering”.
What year was that typo?

I had forgotten about that. That's absolutely correct. Thank you for reminding us!

Back