April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just crazy how random it is. I think it would almost be better to have a set date that they release results instead of having us run around like chickens with no heads. Seems like they need more consistency and structure TBH. Obviously it was all organized by non-engineers :ROFLMAO:
I know that you are partially joking when you write this, but I feel like I have to respond and disagree so that others don't get the wrong impression.

It is just crazy how random it is.

The release dates isn't really that random. If you look at the April release dates (relative to the exam date) then it's consistently 40 days +/- a few.
The October exams have more variance, but in years without a (once/year exam) cutscore meeting it is typically 42 days + a few.

Seems like they need more consistency and structure TBH.
There is far more structure and consistency with the process than I think anyone on this board realizes. As I posted before: there is too much liability not to do their job correctly. The due diligence adds time to how long it takes to release the results, but it's that same process that makes the exam -and by extension: the engineering license - worth anything. In six months, no one will care whether it took 35, 45, or 55 days to release. But your State boards and the lawyers will care about the dependability of the exam and its processes.

Obviously it was all organized by non-engineers :ROFLMAO:
IIRC, most the the NCEES positions of authority and consequence are other PEs, PSs, SEs or similar.

I know that you are partially joking when you write this, but I feel like I have to respond and disagree so that others don't get the wrong impression.

The release dates isn't really that random. If you look at the April release dates (relative to the exam date) then it's consistently 40 days +/- a few.
The October exams have more variance, but in years without a (once/year exam) cutscore meeting it is typically 42 days + a few.

There is far more structure and consistency with the process than I think anyone on this board realizes. As I posted before: there is too much liability not to do their job correctly. The due diligence adds time to how long it takes to release the results, but it's that same process that makes the exam -and by extension: the engineering license - worth anything. In six months, no one will care whether it took 35, 45, or 55 days to release. But your State boards and the lawyers will care about the dependability of the exam and its processes.

IIRC, most the the NCEES positions of authority and consequence are other PEs, PSs, SEs or similar.
I feel so spotlighted :oops: lol Thanks though for your input

It's all good! we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. We are all wondering at loud together 😭

may be nothing at all and just hysterics..... but on my state checklist for licensure, there are lines for letter of approval, issuance fee paid, and Board approval of licensure....they are not checked or dated but there IS an entry for the employee processing it and I do not remember that being there......

may be nothing at all and just hysterics..... but on my state checklist for licensure, there are lines for letter of approval, issuance fee paid, and Board approval of licensure....they are not checked or dated but there IS an entry for the employee processing it and I do not remember that being there......
Oh man, I think we're close.

In Pennsylvania, there is a checklist on the application that is required for permission to sit for the exam, and one of the items is "receipt of national examination." It obviously says "not received" but I feel like it's similar to things on the lsit like the exam fee, application, etc that change from "not received" to "received" whenever something is added to the file.

So TL:DR - I think I will be able to determine when my results will be released based on Pennsylvania telling me (indirectly) that they received them.

Back