April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I'm going to be fully focused on a meeting from 1245-1500ish. There is a small chance that I can pop-in, but generally speaking I'll be radio silent. If anything happens, I won't be able to do anything until my meeting is done.

Well, this is one thing I look forward to each exam cycle:

That person from Texas who:
-lurks and doesn't participate in any of the threads
-when results are released, goes through the trouble of making an account so they can make one post
-The post will say something like, "Wow, got a 98 in Mechanical #blessed" or whatever
-Disappears off the face of the earth

now I'm wondering if following this thread has been good for me. I fully expected today to be the day at the LATEST. ARGH.
A classic example of setting one’s expectations of NCEES too high. It is a common symptom (side effect?) of having taken the P.E. Exam, and there is only one known remedy: the cold, hard truth of no results.

Well, this is one thing I look forward to each exam cycle:

That person from Texas who:
-lurks and doesn't participate in any of the threads
-when results are released, goes through the trouble of making an account so they can make one post
-The post will say something like, "Wow, got a 98 in Mechanical #blessed" or whatever
-Disappears off the face of the earth
It’s so true, though! #blessed hahahaha that made me laugh!

now I'm wondering if following this thread has been good for me. I fully expected today to be the day at the LATEST. ARGH.
ya, I feel like I bought into the day so much with everyone else's talk and seeing the historic release dates that it just made for a massive letdown on today and I feel defeated in a sense.

same. but I'm pretty sure us giving up is a requirement for the results to go out
but this is just cruel to make us wait past memorial day.... sorry I know there are SE takers in here just mean for us PE kids we kind of figured it wouldn't push into june

Let me tell a little story... It might make someone feel better (but it probably won’t).

CA has not always been a day 1 or 2 release state. That only started happening when they decoupled the PE exam from the application for licensure, which happened a few years ago. They used to tie the P.E. exam results with the state seismic and surveying exam results, so when you passed, you would automatically become a P.E. as soon as your license number showed up, since you had already applied and been approved by the state board.

As is likely no surprise to anyone, this added on several days to the release of results for CA exam takers, after day 1 of releases by the first states to release. It was pure torture.

In one of the times I took the exam (either April 2016 or October 2016), the results came something like 8 days after day 1, and yes, Memorial Day was in between. It was rough! Especially because I ended up waiting to find out I failed.

But, guess what! I survived! I mean, hey, look at me. I’m still here! Poking around EB and anxiously awaiting my S.E. results. So yeah, moral of the story is, well, there are a few!

One is, if you are not in a day 1 release state, prepare yourself for even more intense hysteria.

Another is, it’s not the end of the world if you fail. It is within your power to conquer this beast of an exam!

A third is, results truly have come out after Memorial Day before, especially if you’re not in a day 1 or 2 release state!

Back