April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end phase is maddening. I'm sorry y'all. I still think it's too soon to call it for today.

Does anyone know if Baconator made the rounds during the last exam cycle? Usually when they pop in, that's a good clue that results are imminent. But I don't know how active they've been the past several cycles.
went looking through october 2020 and did not see anyone named baconator 2 days before the exam or in the 7 pages before AZ released.

did however find this gem that I think @RBHeadge PE was looking for

We’re getting close This next week is going to be quite and emotional roller coaster. Allow me to give you a preview of the next week (or two weeks in Georgia and Pennsylvania).

The next day or so

The next day or so is going to be rough as we all continue to wait for the results to drop. I maintain that having a NET is a net positive. However, if you aren’t already, starting around 3PM today, every email notification, and every fake results post/thread, even some normal posts will make your heart sink. You will be obsessively reloading this thread and the NCEES dashboard.

What to expect when the results drop

People will start report here that they got their results. At first it will be indistinguishable from the troll posts and will be shot down. Don’t take it personal if you are one of the first legit posters. Eventually the vets will recognize the signs that it’s actually happening and the mood on the board will instantly change from stressball to excitement.

I will start the official results map in the Oct 2020 Results Sub-Forum. I will update every 15 minutes or so throughout the first day – and update as needed on day 2+.

Historically, States will release in waves – about 5 will release then an hour later another clump will go out. Last October it appears that NCEES sent the results to all of the States at the same time. Many States authorized NCEES to release immediately. Others, for whatever reason, took hours or days to authorize the release.

This is the worst part of the process! @leggo PE and I have posted numerous times here that the worst feeling is when the results have started to come out and you are waiting on your State to release. You will be catatonic with nerves and stress. Time will stand still. You may or may not have the where-with-all to refresh the above pages every few seconds to see if anyone heard anything about your state.

What happens when you get your results

This differs based on the individual and the pass/fail result. After you get the email, celebrate or commiserate as best for you.

If you passed then congrats! Celebrate! This is your day, and treat it as such! If you didn’t pass, then study hard and kick its ass next time. You got this!

If you have a chance though (especially if you are one of the first to get results), tell us in this thread that you got them and your State. Tag me “@RBHeadge PE” so I see it and can update the map.

Post in the map thread, ONLY the State and time you got your email. You don’t need to post in that thread if someone else only reported your state. Please, please, please limit discussions in that thread to only the State and time of release. Side conversations are just a distraction and will make things more difficult to update that map.

Look in the Oct 2020 results subforum. IFF your State doesn’t have a results thread yet, then create one there so that you and others can talk State-specific stuff about the release and the next steps. This will really help people through the process in future cycles. If your State already has a thread, then post in that thread instead.

Some States will have threads started pre-release. Either because it was originally a fake results thread, or because people are started one to complain or look for insights about the delay: *cough* Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and New Jersey *cough*

What happens post-results

For those that passed, the next few days will be great. You’ll be excited for your result and will want to do as much as quickly as possible. You’ll want to add P.E. to everything, get a stamp, new business cards, wall certificate, custom frame etc. The timing and process will vary from State to State. It’s too much to post here. Try to look up old State results threads for more specifics on your situation. However, the only important take away from this paragraph is to hold off on adding PE to your name until is actually official (i.e. you have a license number). I’ll post more on the legalities in another thread after the results come out.

If you didn’t pass, then the next few days will suck. Everyone will handle it differently, but try to remain calm. There will be many posts here on how to cope, how to better prepare, and threads trying to divine the cut score based on not passing scores. Resist the temptation to have a manual score of your exam - it won’t work and it will be a waste of your money. Pro-tips: the cut score doesn’t really matter, and the fail score threads may not provide any useful information anyway; and don’t bother trying to figure anything out from the Texas scores. We’ve been looking at it for years and haven’t discovered anything useful about it.

I just need to know if I should

A. Buy a bunch of cheap booze to wallow in self pity if I get that big red button today
B. Buy a bunch of cheap booze to drink away the fact that we have to wait longer.
C. Buy a bunch of expensive booze because I get that big green button.

Image result for i need to know gif
Image result for i need to know gif

I just need to know if I should

A. Buy a bunch of cheap booze to wallow in self pity if I get that big red button today
B. Buy a bunch of cheap booze to drink away the fact that we have to wait longer.
C. Buy a bunch of expensive booze because I get that big green button.
Just get the expensive booze no matter what. You deserve it!!!

There was zero enforcement of the no hoodie rule at the MO testing center. Maybe they're investigating that if someone reported it

also we passed october 2020 on pages accumulated pre-results they were at 32..... we're currently at 54. wonder how much we'll blow past their total of 78.

well, i know what i'm doing this weekend. tears... lots of tears. crying, drinking wine, and gardening. all rolled into one. the anxiety is a lot.
There’s still hope for tomorrow. April 2012’s exam results came out the Friday before memorial weekend… luckily my husband passed cuz that would’ve not started our vacation out very well.

There’s still hope for tomorrow. April 2012’s exam results came out the Friday before memorial weekend… luckily my husband passed cuz that would’ve not started our vacation out very well.
But will they release everywhere on the same day? I thought it would take at least 2 days to release overall. then some of us would need to wait till Tuesday? That would be even more horrible.

My estimate for the last two weeks was May 28 - June 14.
I have only checked like three times within the last two weeks to see if I passed and maybe missed the email.

I feel like for the next two weeks I'll be checking at least twice a day.

But will they release everywhere on the same day? I thought it would take at least 2 days to release overall. then some of us would need to wait till Tuesday? That would be even more horrible.
Most states will release on the first day. Maybe about 10 will release after that. A few notable states take more than 2 days. Generally everyone releases after a week.

Yes, if the release happens tomorrow then people in some States will have to wait until (at least) Tuesday to get their results.

if it doesn't come out this week I just have to wonder why this cycle is taking longer than normal even with the reduction of test types.....

Latest posts

Back