April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Release the results already!!! I need to begin study for Oct exams!!! Though I know I failed at least one of them, I am just not feeling study and work now without seeing the red "FAIL".

Release the results already!!! I need to begin study for Oct exams!!! Though I know I failed at least one of them, I am just not feeling study and work now without seeing the red "FAIL".
Likely tomorrow. Never seen a release on a Thursday, though there is a first time for everything.

Hopefully the results come in by Friday. At this day and age, I am surprised that NCEES does not have a set target date for exam release. You plan for it and make it happen - publish a date. 8 to 10 weeks ..really?  I probably checked my email / logged in to MyNCEES at least 30 times the last two weeks. I hope I am not alone in this.

On a side note, I have a love/hate relationship with this group forum. Love to hear from similar minded folks. Hate the number of times I find myself logging in to check what others have to say. But, all this comes to an end - On Friday?

Hopefully the results come in by Friday. At this day and age, I am surprised that NCEES does not have a set target date for exam release. You plan for it and make it happen - publish a date. 8 to 10 weeks ..really?  I probably checked my email / logged in to MyNCEES at least 30 times the last two weeks. I hope I am not alone in this.

On a side note, I have a love/hate relationship with this group forum. Love to hear from similar minded folks. Hate the number of times I find myself logging in to check what others have to say. But, all this comes to an end - On Friday?
Maybe for some of us. I hope I am not caught up in the turmoil of this awful exam ever again. Very sad it is to know that you have take another swing at this sucker.

I have the same feeling. And that is probably why I did not scroll down enough to check the Lateral exam results in my dream...😅

Daily message: Guys, Guys, Guys, stay positive and encourage one another. Results will be out sooner than you think. I think it could be Friday as it has not been released on Thursday before, but again, they could finish inputting the results in and release late today. 

Remember God loves you. Stay positive.. 

Yaz 

Folks - If you are re-taker for the April 2019, what are your thoughts on this?

In general, the release of the exam result is too late. If the April 2019 exam results come out by mid to end of June, the re-takers are left with 3.5 to 4 months to prepare for the exam. Factor these with kids, vacations, conferences, buy new codes, tab again etc, and the window for study is too small for most folks. Of course there is an option to give up on the rest of your life and study for this exam. But, why does not have to be this way and for the older folks this is not an option (work/study/life balance). I hope NCEES does something to address this. I believe this is the primary reason why most retakers do not make it through. I am willing to bet that most retakers are older folks who have other responsibilities in life/work and cannot give up the other half of their life to retake the exam compared to younger folks. 

Just some thoughts that I am venting out and hopefully some of you can relate to this .... I struggled to find time to study for the last one due to project and family committment. Of course, one could start preparing early at a slow pace but who does that when there is hope. Fingers crossed -  I managed to complete all the afternoon problem on the last exam which gives me hope.

In general, the release of the exam result is too late. If the April 2019 exam results come out by mid to end of June, the re-takers are left with 3.5 to 4 months to prepare for the exam. Factor these with kids, vacations, conferences, buy new codes, tab again etc, and the window for study is too small for most folks. Of course there is an option to give up on the rest of your life and study for this exam. But, why does not have to be this way and for the older folks this is not an option (work/study/life balance). I hope NCEES does something to address this. I believe this is the primary reason why most retakers do not make it through. I am willing to bet that most retakers are older folks who have other responsibilities in life/work and cannot give up the other half of their life to retake the exam compared to younger folks. 

Just some thoughts that I am venting out and hopefully some of you can relate to this .... I struggled to find time to study for the last one due to project and family committment. Of course, one could start preparing early at a slow pace but who does that when there is hope. Fingers crossed -  I managed to complete all the afternoon problem on the last exam which gives me hope.
If I don't pass, I don't think I'd retake until April 2020 so it's a non-issue for me

I pray for you Maya-206

If I don't pass, I don't think I'd retake until April 2020 so it's a non-issue for me
My approach is 'strike while it is hot'. Good for you.

My whole point is - A lot of folks would pass if the preparation time was say 5 months for the re-takers instead of 3.5 months. I am already counting the weekends that I have available here till Oct.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i appeared in October last year, the gentlemen provided me with the advice that don't ruin your summer for the exams , enjoy the summers and appear for exam in April as during winter if you live up north you would basically have less outdoor activities. 

@Maya_206

I'm with ya. The grading time is unreasonably long and a full review becomes very difficult in that time when you have kids, family, ect...

I truly believe NCEES prefers more people fails the exam so they have to pay the fees again. I realized by the time they would release the exam results, I wouldn't have enough time to cover what I read before. I started studying last month. 

Of course they prefer we all fail. They have a monopoly on the licensure exam and they make money when people register for the exam and buy their practice tests, etc. We should be thankful they don't charge $5,000 to take the exam.

edit - ok so maybe not all of us, they need a certain amount to pass (probably around the 30% range where they have it), else more people would call them out for foul play. They also have to sell their practice exams so if no one ever passed then they wouldnt be able to claim their practice exams were worth anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly believe NCEES prefers more people fails the exam so they have to pay the fees again. I realized by the time they would release the exam results, I wouldn't have enough time to cover what I read before. I started studying last month. 
Good for you for starting early but I am so close or hoping to pass so I hesitate. Fishing vs. study for an exam that I have a good shot at passing. Go Figure... lol

Good for you for starting early but I am so close or hoping to pass so I hesitate. Fishing vs. study for an exam that I have a good shot at passing. Go Figure... lol
I've been studying, just cuz. I like to focus on things that tripped me up during the last exam so I don't have any holes in my knowledge base. I think that's the number one thing they count on...someone just not knowing how to solve a problem. I also have all of my EET class materials I can use again for October. 

Of course they prefer we all fail. They have a monopoly on the licensure exam and they make money when people register for the exam and buy their practice tests, etc. We should be thankful they don't charge $5,000 to take the exam.

edit - ok so maybe not all of us, they need a certain amount to pass (probably around the 30% range where they have it), else more people would call them out for foul play. They also have to sell their practice exams so if no one ever passed then they wouldnt be able to claim their practice exams were worth anything.
As the Russians say "who benefits" when the pass rate is so low? So I think you hit the nail on the head. The other rather obvious tell is that NCEES provides no useful information on your failing score, and no way to improve on what was missed previously. This is a deliberate, Machiavellian decision that has obvious benefits from a business perspective. At least their new headquarters is nearing completion though. I like to feel like I played a part in financing that haha.

I'm not convinced yet........ that they are intentionally killing pass rates for $$$ but I does give them negative incentive to, grade speedily, provide a decent practice exam, ect. IMO we really ought to get the solutions to the exam we took so we can actually learn for mistakes, I feel like $500 earns at least that. Can't do that though, less we become "competent" engineers and pass the exam.

@Maya_206

For re-taker, if you calculate the date of results released to the actual date of exam, I am getting about 4 months plus/minus a week. Last December it was released on the 11th so for the April exam I had 4 months minus a week to study, whereas if we find out results tomorrow or Monday, there’s actually more time for October. 

And of course this would only seem fair if we are just talking about one component. I passed lateral last October and having 4 months to study for vertical seemed plenty of time for me. 

Study more doesn’t always mean it’s a positive thing. At least for me, I couldn’t remember the stuff I studied the first month and had to refresh almost everything when it comes to crunch time. It’s just my two cents.

FYI, for anyone who is interested, going back the last 8 SE exams 100% of the time the results are released to the respective State Boards on either a Thursday, Friday or Monday. For the April exam it’s been as follows:

April ‘18 - Thursday 06/14

April ‘17 - Friday 06/09

April ‘16 - Friday 06/10

April ‘15 - Thursday 06/11

Stands to reason that based on a pretty darn consistent performance history we should be getting results back today or tomorrow. 

Latest posts

Back