April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see, so they don't give you a raw score?
No.  NCEES gives you a raw score if you fail, TX gives you a curved score if you pass or fail.  If you have enough fail data points and make some assumptions about the shape of the curve, you can extrapolate upwards and try to guess your score.  I don’t recommend this exercise, but if you do it for power, let me know the results.

Yeah NCEES still says pending. Nothing in spam filters. The state might have only released passing results? 
I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

But I haven't heard of any situation like he's described before either.

Has anyone had any experience if the state boards send out an email to the people who pass first and then to those who fail?

Do they send them out by discipline or all at once?

I've never heard of a state clearing NCEES to release, but only release the passing scores. IF they wanted to go that route, the state would do what they need to do on their end for the passing scores, and then authorize the release.

Those who have received passing emails from the state said it was not on the NCEES website yet. 

I really hope not, still in the dark here in Arkansas but seems like my coworker was the only one to get an email from the state board yesterday. I looked up the staff directory from our state board and the person who sent it is the assistant director so it's pretty legit. 

For myself and the other I know that passed, NCEES still shows results pending but we've both received our licenses and are updated on the board website as professional engineers with active status.  I received my email almost an hour after the friend who passed, but it's really weird that NCEES still hasn't released results.

For myself and the other I know that passed, NCEES still shows results pending but we've both received our licenses and are updated on the board website as professional engineers with active status.  I received my email almost an hour after the friend who passed, but it's really weird that NCEES still hasn't released results.
An hour later, maybe they are sending the emails out individually by name? is his last name before yours alphabetically? 

That’s the case with the folks I have spoke to. 

Balls. OKay, so Montana is taking care of business before they authorize a NCEES release. That's old school, but whatever that's their business.

So in effect, they are issuing licenses first. They then will authorize NCEES to release.

So if you got an email, great you passed. If you didn't, you are in purgatory trending negative. If you get the NCEES email before the Montana email, then... we'll you can figure it out for yourself.

An hour later, maybe they are sending the emails out individually by name? is his last name before yours alphabetically? 

Yeah that was the only way I could make sense of it...
The way that State's send out individual notifications or issue license numbers is such a crap shoot. We've been looking at this for years and cant discern a pattern. Maybe its alphabetical, maybe its by test, maybe its totally random. You can come up with whatever theory you want, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Yeah that was the only way I could make sense of it...
my coworker got an email yesterday at 430pm cst , his last name starts with "F" , so if the state board closes at 5pm and opens at 8am, it's been almost 1.5hrs to reach the "N's" lol 

somehow im not feeling hopeful anymore 

Latest posts

Back