April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO, since its safe to say that the results aren't coming out this week, what are y'all gonna do with all your free time now that you don't have to worry about it?

1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 
Thank you. I ended up taking that post down because I finally realized it didn't pertain to test takers, it was future test takers. But I am happy to see you reinforced what I was thinking.  Hoping for some results soon. The wait is awful!

And I agree. The P in PE is professional. Act like one and leave NCEES alone.

giphy.gif
which movie/show is this from? 

Let's see if today is the day!
I'm still reading all of your posts in Arya's voice.

The answer to your question:

giphy.gif

For the love of all things sacred...let’s not hound their chat.  They’re going to say the same thing, until the results are actually released.

We’re supposedly professionals.  Making immature jokes behind closed doors (or in a forum) is perfectly acceptable, but continually hounding the testing agency that has no control over when state boards approve results is college level stuff.
:plusone:

What pressure are they putting us under?  None.  They are just doing their job under the time limits prescribed.  We can joke all we want about guessing the timeline and release dates, but NCEES hasn't been putting us to the rack or even delayed a thing. 

This. Plus if you didn't know about this forum, you wouldn't have the historical data showing the early release so you'd be stuck with the 8-10 week timeframe. Which is exactly how I've sat thru half of my attempts of this exam. 

and if it weren't here, it'd be another online forum somewhere

They have to wait in the states to give the ok to release the results. I am not sure how many of you work with governments, but they like to take their sweet time!
Nearly all states, with only a few notable exceptions, now approve NCEES to release the results to the examinees immediately-hours after being notified by NCEES that the results are ready.

For general knowledge: NCEES is not a government agency. They are a non-profit and they have a lot of responsibility and liability to get things done appropriately the first time. This statement is not meant to spur debate about "non-profit".

NCBELS Calendar. Sorry folks its not going to be this week. They have all have a meeting in DC. Results will be posted after.

View attachment 13043
Ohh, good catch!

So good news:

• This wouldn't effect the release of results to the country at large.
  • The results have been released during a regional meeting in the past.
  • most states at that regional meeting still released on day 1
the neutral news:

• Many state boards have limited full time staff, and it's possible that that indivdual(s) may be at the meeting, so they may/may not be able to respond to email quickly
the bad news:

• a few of the states present at the aforementioned regional meeting did see a slight delay in the release of their results: half a day-couple days

haha make sure you know what project number your charging this time to. You can find it a few pages back. 
To save you all the trouble: 8675309

Don't worry, RBHeadge will swat down this calendar logic soon enough
you rang?

If we don't get the results this week, this thread my surpass the SPAM THREAD. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it say that NCEES has to notify or get the approval of all state boards before releasing the results? I think they have permission to release the results when they "think" it is appropriate for most states, exceptions for few states. 

Thank you. I ended up taking that post down because I finally realized it didn't pertain to test takers, it was future test takers. But I am happy to see you reinforced what I was thinking.  Hoping for some results soon. The wait is awful!

And I agree. The P in PE is professional. Act like one and leave NCEES alone.
bro no need to be this condescending

^^^^PA right?
Alaska and few other western states.

Where does it say that NCEES has to notify or get the approval of all state boards before releasing the results? I think they have permission to release the results when they "think" it is appropriate for most states, exceptions for few states. 
lol, this is a joke post right?

Back