April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 
The 4 people may be for comity?

They said no last week but who knows lets wait for them to open the chat
For the love of all things sacred...let’s not hound their chat.  They’re going to say the same thing, until the results are actually released.

We’re supposedly professionals.  Making immature jokes behind closed doors (or in a forum) is perfectly acceptable, but continually hounding the testing agency that has no control over when state boards approve results is college level stuff.

She didn't say no
giphy.gif

They put us under all this pressure for no reason.
What pressure are they putting us under?  None.  They are just doing their job under the time limits prescribed.  We can joke all we want about guessing the timeline and release dates, but NCEES hasn't been putting us to the rack or even delayed a thing. 

What pressure are they putting us under?  None.  They are just doing their job under the time limits prescribed.  We can joke all we want about guessing the timeline and release dates, but NCEES hasn't been putting us to the rack or even delayed a thing. 
This. Plus if you didn't know about this forum, you wouldn't have the historical data showing the early release so you'd be stuck with the 8-10 week timeframe. Which is exactly how I've sat thru half of my attempts of this exam. 

Back