April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if results are bad news?? What if all this time were all waiting to hear the F

What if results are bad news?? What if all this time were all waiting to hear the F
This is true for about 46% of us if NCEES pass rates are anything to go by (test-taker weighted average across all tests).

I had a dream last night that I failed with a passing score!!!?  They even made a note that “This score isn’t even close to my last attempt.”  (This is my first attempt.) 

I have no idea what to make of any of this. My grandma says it means I need to drink more natural tea.

I had a dream back when I took calculus in college that I found a method of taking derivatives of words. I remember that I proved this theory on the word 'of'....

So the Thursday release day has been thoroughly debunked???

I had a dream back when I took calculus in college that I found a method of taking derivatives of words. I remember that I proved this theory on the word 'of'....

So the Thursday release day has been thoroughly debunked???
Thats not a dream, its a nightmare. 

No Monday release; if they are ready by tomorrow, they would have been ready last Friday.

Yes, but they dont work over the weekend, and i guess they realease them when they are ready, and not “hold” them just for drama; its NCEES, not TNT.

Yes, but they dont work over the weekend, and i guess they realease them when they are ready, and not “hold” them just for drama; its NCEES, not TNT.
Again, what you’re saying could be applied any day of the week... they don’t work overnight either, but they’ve released results before 10 am before. 

So the question is: why do they not post it sooner. Are they going to work on it this week? Haven't they finished every thing few days/weeks ago? Are they really doing anything this week or just pressuring people?

CivilPE4ME said:
I have a question for those knowledgeable about the board meetings. I took the test in South Dakota. I see they have a board meeting on Friday. I see that Item K says they will approve examinees. I look at the agenda packet and there are 4 names listed. Judging by the amount of people that took the test, there has to be more than 4 people that passed in the spring group. So I am guessing that they wouldn't put the spring test taker names in the agenda packet?  Does anyone know?
1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

So the question is: why do they not post it sooner. Are they going to work on it this week? Haven't they finished every thing few days/weeks ago? Are they really doing anything this week or just pressuring people?
They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 

1) I'm glad that we have representation from SD this session. Welcome!

2) That refers to examinees for the October exam, CBTs, and maybe some really early ones for next April. Routine business.

3) I've never seen a board actually list candidate names in the agenda or minutes, but I guess that's how SD does things? 

4) tl;dr nothing to see here, move along.

They don't post until all of the April exams are graded, QA'd, approved, etc etc. This process is more detailed, complicated, and longer than people assume. There is a lot of responsibility and liability to ensure everything is done appropriately. 

No, they aren't doing it to "pressure" people, or "piss off" people. They are still working. 
re 3: VT does it too, for people seeking approval to sit for FE/PE and people looking for reciprocity. 

Back