April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, wow what was said that caused them to break script?!

Second, it's a bit more subtle than they allude to. Yes, their "customers" are the state boards, not the examinees. And it is true that the can't release the results without the go ahead from the respective state boards.

But it appears that they don't send out all of the notifications to the states at the exact same time (it seems to trickle out over a business day or two), they don't appear to send the initial notification until everything is ready to go.  So presently the results notifications aren't even ready to be sent out to the states. Like I said, above, there are many non-public reasons for this. Best to stay calm. 

In the grand scheme of things, this is still early in the waiting process. It could be so much worse.

Go burn off the stress in the spam thread:
Capture.JPG

I was surprised to read that too, they must be sick of all the questions.  I just was looking on twitter to see if they had announced anything and found the above thread from today.  Just glad I didn't provoke them  :eek:hmy:

Just be cool with NCEES, please! Be cool with your state boards too. You took this test to be a professional. Act like a professional.
This.

think of it this way (the majority of us are engineers here, so if you haven’t experienced this, you will at some point): how would you feel if you were hounded over and over by a customer, boss, colleague, etc. for something you could not immediately do something about? NCEES is made up of people who have feelings just like you, and they are in this exact scenario as we speak.

Harrassing the people who work there will not make the results come out any faster, but it will decrease morale amongst their employees, so these attempts are both fruitless and destructive.

I ask with RB, PLEASE be cool. They are NOT out to get you. They’re doing their job.

I’d like to know too. I can’t charge to overhead. 
I was wondering the same thing today. If you find out send me a screenshot of your time sheet.

Fingers crossed for the Lone Star State scores posting soon.

This.

think of it this way (the majority of us are engineers here, so if you haven’t experienced this, you will at some point): how would you feel if you were hounded over and over by a customer, boss, colleague, etc. for something you could not immediately do something about? NCEES is made up of people who have feelings just like you, and they are in this exact scenario as we speak.

Harrassing the people who work there will not make the results come out any faster, but it will decrease morale amongst their employees, so these attempts are both fruitless and destructive.

I ask with RB, PLEASE be cool. They are NOT out to get you. They’re doing their job.
Dude stop, they just have to run it through a scantron machine. You're shilling for Bureaucrats.

Hey, have you heard of the new thing NCEES has called a “grading process?” Check it out, looks pretty cool!

https://ncees.org/exams/scores/
I've read everything they've ever written.

1 day to run through scantron

1 day to regrade a sample

1 day to convene and talk about average score, standard deviation, probability of excedance, etc

3 days for expert engineers to rework problems

1 day reconvene and determine cut score

1 day to post results

-----------------------------------------

= 2 weeks (conservatively)

Many of us would get fired if we ran a project by these standards. Those that did would go to work for the government.

Sincerely,

--Frustrated Test-Taker

I've read everything they've ever written.

1 day to run through scantron

1 day to regrade a sample

1 day to convene and talk about average score, standard deviation, probability of excedance, etc

3 days for expert engineers to rework problems

1 day reconvene and determine cut score

1 day to post results

-----------------------------------------

= 2 weeks (conservatively)

Many of us would get fired if we ran a project by these standards. Those that did would go to work for the government.

Sincerely,

--Frustrated Test-Taker
I understand your frustration, i’ve Been there. But my original point wasn’t that NCEES’s grading process is perfect (or necessarily good), just that no one deserves to be harassed.

I understand your frustration, i’ve Been there. But my original point wasn’t that NCEES’s grading process is perfect (or necessarily good), just that no one deserves to be harassed.
Harassed =/= people calling to get their money's worth. I get ~50 emails & several calls per day for people wanting a product they paid good money for. I would be rightfully fired if I stopped answering my email. Instead, I just tell them when they can expect results from me and then do my best to get it out the door, all the while sending status updates.

Thoughts?? This guy posted saying when he tries to register for the exam, it shows that he has already passed it. Is that for real? Mine does not, it says I cannot register until a certain date.😱

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts?? This guy posted saying when he tries to register for the exam, it shows that he has already passed it. Is that for real? Mine does not, it says I cannot register until a certain date.😱
There are two groups of people. One group is adamant that this is true. The second group firmly believes this is a hoax.

once results are release let the forum know if this is legit or false.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh....sleepless night. -_-  Kept waking up with leg cramps...test result stress? could be.

Harassed =/= people calling to get their money's worth. I get ~50 emails & several calls per day for people wanting a product they paid good money for. I would be rightfully fired if I stopped answering my email. Instead, I just tell them when they can expect results from me and then do my best to get it out the door, all the while sending status updates.
Which is largely what the NCEES front-facing people are doing.

It says 8-10 weeks everywhere. It's been 5. Folks are essentially harassing them for an earlier release. I don't blame them for turning off the chat, they have no control over when the results are released and don't deserve harassment. Results are going to come out when they come out. Yeah, we have the historical release dates but we shouldn't expect answers early. 

Back