April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another chat. try it yourself 

View attachment 13018
I type this with all sincerity, they're not going to give an answer that deviates from the 8-10 weeks canned response. I don't think that they actually tell the public-facing folks the release date. If the past is any guide, those individuals are the last to find out.

It will be May 15

RB can confirm
images

I type this with all sincerity, they're not going to give an answer that deviates from the 8-10 weeks canned response. I don't think that they actually tell the public-facing folks the release date. If the past is any guide, those individuals are the last to find out.
There is a lot of logic there.  If they don't tell the public-facing people the release date, it is unlikely to be accidentally disclosed.

I wonder how many eyeroll emojis are being used in the NCEES public comms team's internal chat system right now?

Live chat disabled on my screen too. 

either all have gone home, or the results are coming in pretty soon 

@tres amigos  I am unaware of any correlation between the disabling of live chat and the release?

Strange to think that there are a few people out there who know whether or not I passed..but I'm not one of them...

Would you rather find out that the exam had posted through your email, this thread, or refreshing the NCEES page and accidentally having it load while you were looking at it?
Here is my theory:

If you fail, you will get an email to go to the NCEES website to view your results

But if you pass they will send you an email saying: " You have been granted licensure as Professional Engineer #xxxxx"

So not only do you find out the test results are out through email, but you also find out if you failed or passed through email.

View attachment 13019

Even if NCEES wanted to tell you what day it is, it sounds like some of the state board's rule's prohibit NCEES from doing so.
First, wow what was said that caused them to break script?!

Second, it's a bit more subtle than they allude to. Yes, their "customers" are the state boards, not the examinees. And it is true that the can't release the results without the go ahead from the respective state boards.

But it appears that while they don't send out all of the notifications to the states at the exact same time, it seems to trickle out over a business day or two, they won't send the initial notification until everything is ready to go.  So presently the results notifications aren't even ready to be sent out to the states. Like I said above, there are many non-public reasons for this. Best to stay calm. 

In the grand scheme of things, this is still early in the waiting process. It could be so much worse.

Go burn off the stress in the spam thread:

I wonder how many eyeroll emojis are being used in the NCEES public comms team's internal chat system right now?
49433.jpg

I'm guessing a lot of them. The live chat has been disabled on my screen.
View attachment 12237

Last edited by a moderator:
@tres amigos  I am unaware of any correlation between the disabling of live chat and the release?
There probably isn't one, just remember last October, the live chats were getting disabled and then we received the results soon after that. 

I can be patient. It’s just hard to. Haha. I won’t harass NCEES. It’s like watching a pot wait to boil. 

Live chat disabled on my screen too. 

either all have gone home, or the results are coming in pretty soon 
Their day ends at 5:00, so they didn't go home.

It's definitely not a sign that the results are coming soon.

If it's like last session, it means that they were getting harassed too much. Shutting down the chat function is NOT something to be proud of. 

And I say this to no-one in particular and to everyone, including the lurkers.

Just be cool with NCEES, please! Be cool with your state boards too. You took this test to be a professional. Act like a professional.

Here is my theory:

If you fail, you will get an email to go to the NCEES website to view your results

But if you pass they will send you an email saying: " You have been granted licensure as Professional Engineer #xxxxx"

So not only do you find out the test results are out through email, but you also find out if you failed or passed through email.
Nope, NCEES sends the same email pass or fail.

The licence email comes separately and from the state (or their surrogate).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back