April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Email. So I can take my time, find a lonely spot, calm my nerves, and login to NCEES.
Same. No way I'd open it at work if I get email.

In fact I'd think I'd wait a day for all failed scores to report to see what cut off score actually was. Recalculate my perceived score, feel a bit better about it, wait till wife is asleep. Login in my office during the night, and wake her up if I pass or sleep on couch.

Fk I'm sadistic

Would you rather find out that the exam had posted through your email, this thread, or refreshing the NCEES page and accidentally having it load while you were looking at it?
Email

I'm also the lone VT rep on this board for the last 2 cycles so... 

Same. No way I'd open it at work if I get email.

In fact I'd think I'd wait a day for all failed scores to report to see what cut off score actually was. Recalculate my perceived score, feel a bit better about it, wait till wife is asleep. Login in my office during the night, and wake her up if I pass or sleep on couch.

Fk I'm sadistic
I opened at work last year when I got my fail notice. Bad decision. I got sent home early.

I opened at work last year when I got my fail notice. Bad decision. I got sent home early.
I got my October results while a coworker was asking me a question.  I may or may not have pounded the desk and yelled an obscenity.  Here's to hoping I don't suffer the same fate again this go round.

I promised my wife that I'd wait till I got home to open my results a couple years ago.

When I saw the fail notice, my 3 year old at the time cried so hard since he never saw me so down before.

He ran to me, gave me a hug and cheered for me to take it again so that I can do better.

I took it this April right after my daughter was born so hopefully good news this time around.

I was at work, when i saw the "fail" it was a dagger to the heart, i sat there for 5 min staring at it and a rush of all kinds of emotional thoughts rushed my head, so i got up went to the car,  called the wife and went home for the day without telling anyone anything about it lol 

I'm in Clemson today for graduation. Should I pay NCEES a visit before I leave or no?  :biggrin:

just had a chat with NCEES online chat. They said no results will be out this week.

But they might be laying. 

Back