April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true, she's just giving a canned response.  How long has it been since it took 8 weeks to get results?  10 years?  I have a feel a lot of the people on here were still getting allowance from their parents that long ago  :)
I wish I was! That would've been nice. Alas, I was finishing my sophomore year of college and gearing up for my 2nd summer internship 

How long has it been since it took 8 weeks to get results?  10 years?  I have a feel a lot of the people on here were still getting allowance from their parents that long ago  :)
The 8-10 weeks isn't the time it takes for NCEES to release, but the time for NCEES and the respective State to authorize the release plus time for USPS to delivery the mail.

• While the practice is mostly phased out, a few states still mail out the results.
  • Some states wanted to have the new licences queued up in the system, or outright issued, before they authorized the release. A few still do this practice today...
  • It's only been the last few years that all states have released prior to the opening of the 8 week window.
  • Pennsylvania completely blew past the 10 week window back in Oct 2014, and in a legendary way too! I still grief Pennsylvania for that screw up.
  • Prior to 2015, eight weeks was about normal for most states, and even longer for the PCS/CTS states. PA and MD were infamous for their tardiness.

Very true, she's just giving a canned response.  How long has it been since it took 8 weeks to get results?  10 years?  I have a feel a lot of the people on here were still getting allowance from their parents that long ago  :)

3 out of the last 7 exams were released in 34/35 days so I don't think 35 is really abnormal anymore.
April 18 41

April 17 35

April 16 34

April 15 34

April 19??1?1?1?

I've been relatively calm this go-around and kept the exam off my mind for the past 5 weeks. However, now that the results are near (well, nearer than they were 5 weeks ago) I'm becoming more and more anxious. I was determined not to get sucked into the vortex of the PE discussion boards this time, yet here I am....again....hanging onto each post like a fool.
Me too. .

3 out of the last 7 exams were released in 34/35 days so I don't think 35 is really abnormal anymore.
Ok you got me there. I didn't research past '17. Now I can stop faking calmness.
giphy.gif

There were new exams in April 2018 - the Power exam for example. Oof, that one hurt. And the pencil sucked. 
no new exam this session so I'm really thinking we'll have it by tomorrow.... at least some of us!

I wish I was! That would've been nice. Alas, I was finishing my sophomore year of college and gearing up for my 2nd summer internship 
I was in the same boat....but also had (2) Associates Degrees under my belt, and was already paying off student loans.  I WISH I was getting an allowance.  HAHA

Would you rather find out that the exam had posted through your email, this thread, or refreshing the NCEES page and accidentally having it load while you were looking at it?

The new exam theorem is true. But there are plenty of other reasons why things could be delayed behind the scenes. Cut score meetings are things that we could know about. But there are things that we would never be in position to know about. It could be as simple as a NCEES approving officials is home with food poisoning.   

Don't cathect in a date. You'll only make yourself crazy.

Keshia Weston1:35 pm Hello Idris. How may I help you?

Idris 1:37 pm Hey Keshia

Do you know if the PE April 2019 exam results will be released earlier than the mentioned 8-10 weeks, as has been the trend over the past few years?

Keshia Weston1:38 pm The only information we have at this moment is 8-10 weeks

Keshia from NCEES didn't take my bait...

Back