April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw on NCEES LinkedIN page that there is an interim meeting going on in New Hamshire. Does that suppose to mean we are closer ?
No. Those kinds of meetings happen all the time.

results are out for wisconsin already according to reddit
LOL, even reddit is starting with the fake results threads.

I managed to just about forget about this for nearly a month, but now I can feel the urge to know rising!

Are cut scores really as low as 52 sometimes?? For the Mechanical TFS? Maybe I have a decent chance after all. I think my score is somewhere in the 52-60 range, but of course hard to say for sure. I had thought 56 or 57 was the usual.

For my story of how NOT to effectively prepare for the PE, see my post here: 

I've gotten to the point where i wake up at 2 am remembering a question and googling it to see if I got it correct.
I can only remember the same handful at this point and I know where I stand on those.  I don't know if its a good thing or a curse to suddenly remember more problems weeks after the exam...

I can only remember the same handful at this point and I know where I stand on those.  I don't know if its a good thing or a curse to suddenly remember more problems weeks after the exam...
The only one I remember is one that I definitely got wrong: a particular symbol that wasn't one of the ones in the MERM (or rather, was, but wasn't quite the same so I convinced myself it was different.) Guessed between the two plausible (to me) answers, and picked the wrong one. That one I was Googling on the way to the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first nightmare last night that I had failed. It was weird because they were willing to curb my score some for a little cash on the side but i guess my score was just way too low so they weren't able to do anything for me lol They however were making me retake the FE again because of some new law passed by NCEES. 

Any Civil Construction PM test takers still around? What did you guys think of the PM session?  That's if you haven't blocked out the memories yet...

Any Civil Construction PM test takers still around? What did you guys think of the PM session?  That's if you haven't blocked out the memories yet...
I took Construction PM. This was my third try and it seemed on par with the other attempts. Way too concentrated on concrete for my liking, but I did study more concrete this time around. 

I took Construction PM. This was my third try and it seemed on par with the other attempts. Way too concentrated on concrete for my liking, but I did study more concrete this time around. 
Tons of concrete for sure!! Third time's a charm though :)   

I personally had to flip a coin on at least 10 problems. If the cut score is around 54-55 I think I'll be right in there.

Tons of concrete for sure!! Third time's a charm though :)   

I personally had to flip a coin on at least 10 problems. If the cut score is around 54-55 I think I'll be right in there.
My issue has always been the morning session. I got my bachelors and masters in unrelated fields then after finding myself in construction got a masters...so I'm strong in 2 of the 5 categories. I had to teach myself the basics of the morning exam- clearly I didn't do that very well. I've generally been about 50% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon. I felt much better about the morning this time, but then everyone on here (I've been trolling this site for years, finally signed up) said the morning was easy so now I think the cut score is gonna be back up to 55-56 and I'm gonna be within a point or two in either direction. 

I had my first nightmare last night that I had failed. It was weird because they were willing to curb my score some for a little cash on the side but i guess my score was just way too low so they weren't able to do anything for me lol They however were making me retake the FE again because of some new law passed by NCEES. 

I recently had a dream where the cut score was in the high 90 percents.  I was not impressed.
It's going to be a long two weeks... four weeks in Pennsylvania.

Be careful not to discuss the exams questions here. NCEES does monitor this board for that sort of thing, and they have invalidated scores in the past for violating the NDA.
Was commenting that there were a lot of questions on concrete a violation? If so, I apologize and will delete the post.

During my PE cycle, I had a dream where my manager was standing behind me while I was looking at my PE result and I failed. After this dream, I always used to hope that my PE result should be on a day when my manager is on a leave 😛. Nothing like this happened and I passed 😎

I'm still thinking next Friday but still a bit indifferent since there's nothing I can do before the results come out lol

Back