April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may not be the appropriate thread but... I'm going to go ahead and call my shot now anyway...Exam results will begin releasing on Thursday May 16th!

This may not be the appropriate thread but... I'm going to go ahead and call my shot now anyway...Exam results will begin releasing on Thursday May 16th!
I just hope its not the 17th.  Cause if I fail, it is going to make for a dreary 11th anniversary.....

Well happy anniversary.  Try to not let the results affect your celebration. 

For me, I'm trying to figure out if I want to open the email at work or wait until I get home.

I think it'll depend what time the email comes out.

This isn't my first, second, or even third rodeo 

hey @RBHeadge PE, can I submit a time for the map without opening my email and knowing my results? lol. last cycle someone was pushy about me not posting the official fail notice (i have no idea how to post a pic lol). I seem to be the only one reporting for VT (no shock, there were like 35 people in the room) 

Not sure if it’s a good thing or not but I don’t recall any questions.  I felt fairly confident most of the test...  Again, not sure if that’s a good thing

Any past test takers have an opinion?
Sadly there is no way to know. I thought the first time I took I passed. Failed with 47/80. Second time studies really hard and was so confident I told people I passed it without a doubt, failed with 41/80. I took civil construction third time this passed april and if I don't pass i will take a break otherwise this exam is going to break me :(

I just took the Civil Construction 3rd time in a row this passed April. I feel like all three exams were completely different. To be fair, morning section is just like the prep exams and just like the booklet you can buy from NCEES  but the depth portion is so unpredictable. I read the same opinion so much about this on these treads but is there anyone who failed construction and succeeded in any other field? My other strong suit is water resources but I kind of chickened out of taking it because I don't work on that field. To be fair,  I don't work construction either cause all i do is assessment. Thanks.

Sadly there is no way to know. I thought the first time I took I passed. Failed with 47/80. Second time studies really hard and was so confident I told people I passed it without a doubt, failed with 41/80. I took civil construction third time this passed april and if I don't pass i will take a break otherwise this exam is going to break me :(
That stinks! second time here taking the HVAC test, first time i did not feel good about it and missed it by 3 questions (48/80). This time around i feel better, but as you said, no way of telling, just hoping my score is high enough to ride the curve into freedom. 

Newbie here. Took Transportation. AM was more straightforward than I thought. Hopefully at least 30.
PM was tougher than I thought. I was stuck on a few questions and when I looked at the clock it's 3 hours and I only have 25 answered. When the clock turned to 3:59 I need to guess around 7-8 of them. Based on the other replies, I am already planning for October and have asked my references to prepare sending experience forms again.
I took the PPI course offered by the state NSPE chapter. I felt underprepared for the PM even after I did the entire 6-minute problems book and the official practice exam. I feel like there wasn't much resources to practice Transportation depth. It sounds like EEI is better with the depth disciplines.
We shall see.

I felt school of pe prepared me well for the transportation pm. They left out 2 or 3 important important areas I found on the exam but for the most part.

I know what questions I got wrong and which questions I may get right by guessing. I felt pretty confident in afternoon.

I can’t wait to troll like other members trolled me the last 3 times I took the exam (finally  passed in fall 2018). Lol. 
Why wait, you can start now ;)

I'm going to go ahead and call my shot now anyway...Exam results will begin releasing on Thursday May 16th!
I mean sure, yeah, why not? 

I just hope its not the 17th.  
If it comes out on the 16th or 17th, just wait until the 18th to open the webpage.

For me, I'm trying to figure out if I want to open the email at work or wait until I get home.

hey @RBHeadge PE, can I submit a time for the map without opening my email and knowing my results?
I'd vote to open it as soon as it arrives. But maybe let your boss know ahead of time that you might need to leave work early that day with short notice via email. Hopefully not though!

Yes, just let me know when the email arrives for results map purposes. I don't need the screenshot.

For the previous exam, I got the email notification about mid morning while at work.  I waited until I got home to look...RED BOX!  I wish there was a more subtle way to find out without having it thrust in your face like that...haha

For the previous exam, I got the email notification about mid morning while at work.  I waited until I got home to look...RED BOX!  I wish there was a more subtle way to find out without having it thrust in your face like that...haha
I'd had it come in at 930am and then mid-afternoon. So idk what I'll do this time.

I got some insight on the results release from a reliable source. Since May is a 3 pay period month, NCEES will release the results on May 30th. That way if you fail, youll receive a paycheck without benefits taken out to lessen the blow. They're really considerate this go round.

Remember to also check your states licensee roster constantly. I found out in October that I had passed that way, never received an email and had to wait an additional 2 days for the letter and certificate to show up in the mail. Although this is cautionary, I just read about back when PA screwed up and issued a license to everyone and had a dumpster fire to put out.

Not sure if it’s a good thing or not but I don’t recall any questions.  I felt fairly confident most of the test...  Again, not sure if that’s a good thing

Any past test takers have an opinion?
Honestly, it could go either way. I felt fairly confident during the test, but then flipped back and forth between "doom and gloom", and "I nailed it"  every 20 minutes or so for the next six weeks. Fortunately my  initial confidence was correct!

Back