April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't all that impressed with SOPE, they spent a lot of time on Project Management Theory and Engineering Econ problems. There was one on the ME TFS. 

The depth just wasn't there for the Pm portion either. They needed to cover other cycles than Rankine, and the internal combustion and combined cycles information was poor at best. 

Didn't know there was such a thing? What the hell are the subjects?
Everything lol....

Architectural Engineering involves all engineering disciplines for building design.  We had to be prepared for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, and project management.  I had to be a damned librarian for this test with all the resources I brought in.  Picture of the war wagon is attached.

War Wagon (test)2.jpg

Everything lol....

Architectural Engineering involves all engineering disciplines for building design.  We had to be prepared for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, and project management.  I had to be a damned librarian for this test with all the resources I brought in.  Picture of the war wagon is attached.

View attachment 12787
I wasn't a fan of using binders.  For the TFS exam you have to jump between references so frequently and binders make it hard to stack references on each other.  I was fortunate enough to have access to a "comb" binder.

I wasn't a fan of using binders.  For the TFS exam you have to jump between references so frequently and binders make it hard to stack references on each other.  I was fortunate enough to have access to a "comb" binder.
Agreed, the binders were kind of tough to use, but I set them up so that I had most of my resources for each discipline in 3 main binders.  The other binders are printed pdfs of the actual code just in case I needed them.  If I had the books for the codes then I would have used them, but all I mostly had were pdfs and it was cheaper to print them at the office then buy a new book.

What if I told you they will release the exam results in Pacific coast States by May 15?

What if I told you the cut off score is 53?

aahh makes more sense now, thanks for the clarification. So I'm guessing their baseline is going to be something similar to October 2018? 
The composition and content of the test will be similar to the last time it was administered. The questions and answers will be (to verying degrees) different.

In October the raw cut scores based on what everyone was posting was a 51/80, do you think this April's cut score will be very similar to that? 
First: This is part of Futile Exercise A

Second: The cut score was at least 51/80 last time. We never got a good sample size to properly gauge the cut score. It could have been higher. But you arguable came quite close last time, so with improved studying you should pass this time. Ideally you were aiming for a score much higher than just the cut score?

Third: The questions were certainly different, so the cut score will be different.

What if I told you they will release the exam results in Pacific coast States by May 15?

What if I told you the cut off score is 53?
You forgot to use the Morpheus Meme generator: https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/Matrix-Morpheus 😉

Oh no, I am now doubting myself.  Thinking back to the questions, I think I got at least 5 wrong answers.  And one of them was easy too now that I think about it more.  

Everything lol....

View attachment 12787
Sonofabitch, that's a lot of different stuff to know. I'm dealing with all of the different disciplines right now at work and it sucks pretty bad. Especially electrical, it's all Greek to me.

Oh no, I am now doubting myself.  Thinking back to the questions, I think I got at least 5 wrong answers.  And one of them was easy too now that I think about it more.  
Yea some questions you thought were correct you will realize were incorrect after the exam. This happens when the question is too easy. Its a classic trap that NCEES sets. Everyone will fall for at least one trap.

But then there are some questions that you thought were incorrect that will actually be correct. So both should balance each other out. Its actually safer to narrow down to two choices and guess, rather than getting an easy question wrong.

Only 5?  I wish I had your problems lol

Yea some questions you thought were correct you will realize were incorrect after the exam. This happens when the question is too easy. Its a classic trap that NCEES sets. Everyone will fall for at least one trap.

But then there are some questions that you thought were incorrect that will actually be correct. So both should balance each other out. Its actually safer to narrow down to two choices and guess, rather than getting an easy question wrong.
Not sure if it’s a good thing or not but I don’t recall any questions.  I felt fairly confident most of the test...  Again, not sure if that’s a good thing

Any past test takers have an opinion?

Only 5?  I wish I had your problems lol
But this is only the first week after the test.  I feel that by week 6, I will think that I have at least 30 wrongs lol.  They really should do something with the wait time.  

I felt fairly confident most of the test...  Again, not sure if that’s a good thing

Any past test takers have an opinion?
Yes, it's usually a pretty good sign. BTW you're in Phase 3 right now....

But this is only the first week after the test.  I feel that by week 6, I will think that I have at least 30 wrongs lol.  They really should do something with the wait time.  
...which after a few weeks leads to Phase 4. There is something to do during the wait time, like spending time with friends and family, or filling up the spam thread.

The morning portion was no problem...afternoon (Geotech) was much more difficult!
Is this your first attempt? I took last October.... I think it was a bit easier than last time but I agree it is still difficult! 

Is this your first attempt? I took last October.... I think it was a bit easier than last time but I agree it is still difficult! 
I took it last time also.  Hard to say if pm was more difficult or not.  Hopefully the difference will be my performance on the morning portion this time...idk, but It will be close!

You think the afternoon geotech session this exam cycle was easier than Oct 2018?
I think so... but there were still some ambiguous problems... did not feel good after the exam but comparing last exam it was ok overall. 

Let's see the result!   

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back