April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power here.

I feel about the same for both sessions.  One really oddball question in the first half, that’s all I’ll say about it, but everything else seemed fair.

Some key areas I wish I would have studied more but I didn’t feel totally unprepared.  If I consider every question I can recall that I scratched my head on as a missed point, I should be sitting around a 67.  It would be fair to say I screwed up a few more I don’t recall or simply did wrong thinking I was right.  So maybe 60 is more realistic.  

All in all, I am 70% confident.

Civil/Str 2nd time taking it.

AM - I felt good and I think this was where I improved the most from when I took it last fall, everything was pretty straight forward ended up guessing on 3-4.

PM - I felt slightly better than last fall, I noticed that this year it was a ton of look ups and conceptual questions. I ended up guessing on 7-8 after I went through it the first time and wish I would have saved myself some more time to look up a couple more.

There's nothing we can do now, hoping for the best.
Also second attempt structural.

AM - Guessed on a few, actually had time to check some answers this time.

PM - I was initially thrown for a loop on a number of questions but turns out they were actually not that complex. Once those questions had time to marinate in my mind, while I did some other questions, I was able to answer them. Happy to say I was able to locate all the “code trivia” questions sprinkled throughout.

I actually feel good about this attempt, whereas last time I was pretty much resigned to knowing I failed. This time feels like I actually have a shot.

2nd time Mech - HVAC. 

AM I found answers to 30, made very good guesses on 5, and complete random guesses on 5. 

PM found answers to 32, very good guesses on 5 and complete random guesses on 3

If I got 80% of the ones I found answers to i would be at about 50. If i got 20% of the ones i guessed on that would be an additional 4. So a total of 54/80 or 67.5% raw. 

This past October, the raw cut score was a 51 based off the Texas scores so i'm feeling a little hopeful.

I took Power and feel pretty good about the AM not so confident about the PM. 

I'm definitely a solid 1 right now. Sitting at work trying to refocus on what pays the bills.
Exactly how I feel. This is my third attempt (PE Power). It's crazy how every time the test is vastly different from the last. This time at least I got the direct from NEC questions right.. other than that who know.. at a raw score you need 56/80 to get 70% so I'm not sure I got that many correct.. 

Getting started studying was the hardest part for me and studying was the second hardest. 

I was fairly stressed from about 5-weeks out from the test to the last week when I suddenly started to get calmer.  I continued to calmer all the way up to the exam and am feeling great now.  I took the WRE depth.  I made my way through breath with no issues; depth was much more difficult.  I think I'm hovering somewhere around a RAW score of 80% +/- 5% and am just going to hang my hat on that for the next few weeks and feel accomplished just for putting forth a good effort and completing the  exam.

I think everyone should take a moment to pat themselves on the back for amazing effort and perseverance.

😂 Did you have SOPE too? Apparently, everybody is happy about the AM portion. So, I guess the cut is going about 53-54 since a lot of people did well in the morning. 🤨 
so hard to say, I would be feeling better if there were more people saying how hard it was hahaha I didn't but I did take it in Birmingham!

One of my coworkers has hit the freak out stage, convinced he's failed, and has started looking for more study material. I think I calmed him down, told him to wait til June, and that if he did fail, I'll give him my sources for materials. But why spend the money when you don't know yet?

One of my coworkers has hit the freak out stage, convinced he's failed, and has started looking for more study material. I think I calmed him down, told him to wait til June, and that if he did fail, I'll give him my sources for materials. But why spend the money when you don't know yet?
Wow that was quick. That's why its good to book a small get away to take your mind off it.

I keep having dreams about the problems...nothing a short trip wont cure.

I keep having dreams about the problems.
I seriously woke up around midnight last night, grabbed my phone and googled one of the topics. Pretty sure I got that particular problem wrong. haha, I may be transitioning to a different phase now. 

The hubby are planning a trip for the end of May/beginning of June sans toddler so I'm super stoked. I may be either celebrating or drowning my sorrows by that point.

Wow that was quick. That's why its good to book a small get away to take your mind off it.

I keep having dreams about the problems...nothing a short trip wont cure.
Yeah... I feel bad for the guy but I've also been there so I get it.

I've got a trip next week and I'm so freaking excited. I told boyfriend that I was taking a brain break until after our trip on technical reading. But when we return, I'll be back to reading textbooks - unrelated to the PE tho. Tho what I'd reading may assist on the PE if I have to take it again. Just working on my technical depth for work 

I seriously woke up around midnight last night, grabbed my phone and googled one of the topics. Pretty sure I got that particular problem wrong. haha, I may be transitioning to a different phase now. 

The hubby are planning a trip for the end of May/beginning of June sans toddler so I'm super stoked. I may be either celebrating or drowning my sorrows by that point.
I know I looked up a few topics I remembered too. It was such a lively dream and my toddler was kicking in his dreams and I was like is he also dreaming about the PE:)

Nice...something fun to look forward to.

Our little guy is going with us..its an anniversary celebration trip.

I know I looked up a few topics I remembered too. It was such a lively dream and my toddler was kicking in his dreams and I was like is he also dreaming about the PE:)

Nice...something fun to look forward to.

Our little guy is going with us..its an anniversary celebration trip.
Haha wouldn't that be crazy if he woke up asking you about the delta/wye relationships!!!!!

Yeah I feel a little guilty about not taking her with us so that's why we are waiting several weeks to go. We're going to the beach and I really just want to plant my ass in the sand and drink. Can't really do that with a toddler. We'll be taking the family beach trip in July so it won't be much longer before she gets to go.

You guys have fun! I'm sure he'll be happy to have your undivided attention. My kiddo is still recovering from me leaving the house every weekend and staying late at work to study. 

Haha yeah the only delta and wye he would be worried about is the delta in the amount of food on his plate or "why" his toys are missing in the living room:)

I understand...plant that ass:) and just stare off into the distance.

I plan to watch my son play in the water and just be a mama for once. He has been visiting me in the spare room which I grew to hate because it represents the study lair I've been stuck in as time just miraculously flew by every day I studied. I haven't gone in there since the day before the test:p

Enjoy your well deserved trip:)

Haha wouldn't that be crazy if he woke up asking you about the delta/wye relationships!!!!!

Yeah I feel a little guilty about not taking her with us so that's why we are waiting several weeks to go. We're going to the beach and I really just want to plant my ass in the sand and drink. Can't really do that with a toddler. We'll be taking the family beach trip in July so it won't be much longer before she gets to go.

You guys have fun! I'm sure he'll be happy to have your undivided attention. My kiddo is still recovering from me leaving the house every weekend and staying late at work to study. 

Yeah... I feel bad for the guy but I've also been there so I get it.

I've got a trip next week and I'm so freaking excited. I told boyfriend that I was taking a brain break until after our trip on technical reading. But when we return, I'll be back to reading textbooks - unrelated to the PE tho. Tho what I'd reading may assist on the PE if I have to take it again. Just working on my technical depth for work 
I totally understand...especially when you double back on a problem you put off on the first go to get the easier ones and then you run out of time to get the more involved problems you know you would get if you had more time.

Yes a brain break is needed..you will come back refreshed to tackle the other work...where are you guys heading to?

I totally understand...especially when you double back on a problem you put off on the first go to get the easier ones and then you run out of time to get the more involved problems you know you would get if you had more time.

Yes a brain break is needed..you will come back refreshed to tackle the other work...where are you guys heading to?
Florida Keys, we're in Maine and winter is never ending this year. Literally. It's snowing right now.

How about you guys??

Florida Keys, we're in Maine and winter is never ending this year. Literally. It's snowing right now.

How about you guys??
Ha, I'm in Alabama, it's 80 degrees here, I'm going to New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island for two weeks this Friday.  

I always wanted to go to Maine...eventually but not in winter.

Luckily its not snowing here in NY.

We are headed to Bermuda on a cruise:) I'm looking forward to the pink sand and the caves.

Latest posts

Back