Annual Christmas Decoration Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine out on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. W'ell do the inside decorating rither this weekend or next. I am in the process of converting to LED icicle lights. I'll post a pic when I can.

i said the snow was late this year - we got bout half foot last nite, and its still snowing this am - kiddos preschool is cancelled, I had to open my piehole...
I see you got nearly 10" last night ... it's heading my way!

I am supposed to be looking at a perspective house to purchase tomorrow ... that should be interesting.
21.gif

JR
whoa! big news on the JR front!

this is a great opportunity to see how well the driveway shovels. they will let you borrow one I'm sure.

we went out and bought a fake tree this yr. got it up with lights and ornaments this week. we r not outdoor decorating people so i'n basically done.

yeah, the snowfall kinda kills my ambition to get out on ladder stringing lights from the gutters. Probably not gonna have outside stuff this year either...

Our outside decorations are limited to ground level stuff. Not so much for the hassle of lighting the gutters as the hassle of getting the stuff back down after Christmas. Especially since half the family is Eastern Orthodox and Christmas for them is January 7th.

We're not decorating much this year since we are spending Christmas in Peru. I didn't really want to get back from a 2.5 week vacation and have to take down Christmas decorations that we didn't even get to look at. Next year we'll be back in full force though!

Got the fake indoor tree up and decorated with 600 multicolor lights (which I got on sales last season for about 90% off two weeks after Christmas).

I noticed that less than half of the usual outdoor lights are up this year on our street. I think maybe the economy is a factor. I've seen houses that normally have lights, but this year have very nice unlighted decorations. That huge electric bill might be avoided.

Got the fake indoor tree up and decorated with 600 multicolor lights (which I got on sales last season for about 90% off two weeks after Christmas).
I hear ya. Just put up my 7ft pre-lighted tree (550 multi-colored lights) that I got in January (last one, 80+% mark down). Growing up we had a fake tree. My wife always had a real tree, so she insisted that we have a real tree. What a PITA. Fast forward 20 years...I saw this one and couldn't resist the price. When I got it set it up she was on-board with a fake one. Minor victory for me.

We just had our first snow. Looks like the outside decorations aren't going up this year. Fine by me.

we have this huge juniper island in the front yard, I painfully placed at least 10 strings of white likes to give it a "snow-like" look, than I discover this morning that about 2/3 of the lights are now not working, now i get to go back into the juniper jungle and find where it got unplugged :(

Got this e-mail this morning:

The Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever!!!!

> This is funny. It's important to read the bottom.

> Make sure to read the whole story.

>

>

>

>

> "Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas

> decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days.

> I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great

> stories. But two things made me take it down.

>

> First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as

> they almost wrecked when they drove by.

>

> Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed

> herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake

> until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was

> one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it

> either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back