How I Passed the Thermal / Fluid PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, great info on here. Gearing up for the April 2020 Thermo-Fluids exam. Silly question, besides the practice exam on NCEES and MERM, how does one get a hold of more practice exams? I saw 2001 as well as 2008/2011 mentioned here. Anything helps. Thanks!

Hello everyone, great info on here. Gearing up for the April 2020 Thermo-Fluids exam. Silly question, besides the practice exam on NCEES and MERM, how does one get a hold of more practice exams? I saw 2001 as well as 2008/2011 mentioned here. Anything helps. Thanks!
PPI has some practice exams formulated for the CBT. They also have an online database of practice problems, quizzes, and two practice exams all updated for CBT. I’ve been using this to study. There are a lot of errors in the solutions but so far this is the best resource I’ve found for solving lots of problems for the CBT.

You can get the older NCEES practice exams on eBay or online but keep in mind that some of the older exams covered machine design whereas the new exams do not.

I just passed the PE exam on the fifth shot via CBT.  I tried self-study, TestMasters, Dr. Tom's Class, and most recently Slay the PE.  I definitely recommend Slay the PE course materials and practice problems to prepare for the exam.  I found their practice exam much more difficult than the PE exam itself.  

I just passed the PE exam on the fifth shot via CBT.  I tried self-study, TestMasters, Dr. Tom's Class, and most recently Slay the PE.  I definitely recommend Slay the PE course materials and practice problems to prepare for the exam.  I found their practice exam much more difficult than the PE exam itself.  
Congrats, Guest Darkchild!!!   

I support Slay and his efforts here on this forum as well.

Congratulations!!!

Back