AM portion was apparently too easy...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy is relative. If people are doing well in the exam, why should they discredited?
because the point of the test is not to reward hard working engineers.  The point is to find and test acceptable minimal competency.  If everyone is getting the question correct the test developers misjudged difficulty/content and likely will adjust accordingly i.e. make it harder to pass.   

Easy is relative. If people are doing well in the exam, why should they discredited?
i still do not understand where you are going with this. Are you saying that those who do not pass are being treated unfairly? or are you insinuating that the test is stupid?

i still do not understand where you are going with this. Are you saying that those who do not pass are being treated unfairly? or are you insinuating that the test is stupid?
I'm saying if people got a decent score then why fail them?

because the point of the test is not to reward hard working engineers.  The point is to find and test acceptable minimal competency.  If everyone is getting the question correct the test developers misjudged difficulty/content and likely will adjust accordingly i.e. make it harder to pass.   
Not reward hard working engineers? That sounds like discrimination.

Aren't the test developers engineers and have been developing the questions for decades?

Examinees getting high/decent scores does not imply that the test was easy or hard.

Not reward hard working engineers? That sounds like discrimination.

Aren't the test developers engineers and have been developing the questions for decades?

Examinees getting high/decent scores does not imply that the test was easy or hard.
They have a set of "standard" questions, in which they know the average passing score for competency is.  They use that to then gauge the difficulty of the rest of the exam.  They attempt to keep the passing score close to 70, but it varies depending on those standard questions.  The idea is to employ a minimum level of competency, and keep it as close to the same requirement for each cycle.

Also, hard working =/= competent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back