5 k thread fall 09 results version

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this architect actually answer the god damn question????
Architects are third worst (behind politicians and lawyers) at answering questions directly.
I simply asked for the A/V drawings since the electrical plans reference them and they were not included in the bid set and not listed on the drawing list. The answer I got was - they are there, the architect should provide them. No sh!t, the architect is telling me that the architect should provide them... the just freaking provide them!!! Now I am sending another RFI that asks them to provide what they said they 'should provide'. Ridiculous.

Back from lunch...architect=not smart enough to be a structural engineer...but smart enough to draw cartoons

^^-- NICE! I was recently called a ditch digger by one. Of course that was because his EX was telling him about going out with me! lol

Just because I like this architect so much, I'll wait until the last possible minute to send them every question I come up with today. Bastards.

One of the guys who lived by me in the dorms was an architect major...one time he spent 8 hrs drawing a waded up piece of paper as a "lab" assignment...that to me sums it all up...Worked at a construction firm once with an architect...He used to invite me on his lunch breaks to go walk around the art gallery down the street as stress relief...gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Sorry I secretly hate architects....

Time to get back to sending RFI's... to an architect that sent out an addendum on Christmas Eve... I bet he follows it up with on on New Year's Day!

but it's probably from his Blackberry as he's sitting on a beach somewhere...

I went to the solar decathalon this fall in DC. The event is world wide and the premise is to design a house that is the most sustainable. This year each house was supposed to use solar panals to power the house and feed energy back to the grid. There were about 20 entries this year from many US universities and European countries (Spain and Germany) competing. Each house is rated on a multitude of things like energy efficiency, overall cost, design etc. You could definately tell which houses had engineers on the design team.

I went to the entry from the University of Puerto Rico. It was a seriously awesome layout with some interesting ideas. I had seen the standings and noticed that the house had scored zero points in the energy generation category. It turns out that they had zero engineers on the team. All architects. They couldn't figure out how to connect the solar panels together and back into the meter. Doh!

I went to the entry from the University of Puerto Rico. It was a seriously awesome layout with some interesting ideas. I had seen the standings and noticed that the house had scored zero points in the energy generation category. It turns out that they had zero engineers on the team. All architects. They couldn't figure out how to connect the solar panels together and back into the meter. Doh!
But it looked "pretty" though, right?

Yep it did. Plus the tour guides were not bad looking either.

But if it can't function then it is an epic fail.

Can we create a Bash Architects forum?

I really wish Civil 3D had dual application windows like Microstation...would make my life alot simpler...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back