2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it okay to be annoyed that the people bringing this shit to the US are all fucking assholes coming back from their expensive Italy trips or pacific cruises.

The guy who just tested positive in CO knew he had just been to Italy, then northern California, and well shit lets just go to breck for a ski weekend - yeah fuck you asshole I really do hope you die..

Well damn. I was down in Santa Rosa County, FL this past weekend.

I know viruses usually respect state lines, and I'm hoping county lines, but do you think they are picky down to the neighborhood level???

Is it okay to be annoyed that the people bringing this shit to the US are all fucking assholes coming back from their expensive Italy trips or pacific cruises.

The guy who just tested positive in CO knew he had just been to Italy, then northern California, and well shit lets just go to breck for a ski weekend - yeah fuck you asshole I really do hope you die..
Yikes

Just like the guy in NH that tested positive and went to a party anyhow.   Some people are just jerks.  Now those people are all in quarantine. 

I guess that the spread is inevitable.  I’m figuring out what to do to pass the time during a possible widespread quarantine. I just learned how to fold a fitted sheet: https://www.hgtv.com/videos/so-thats-how-you-fold-a-fitted-sheet-0257622 
never thought it possible. 

Just like the guy in NH that tested positive and went to a party anyhow.   Some people are just jerks.  Now those people are all in quarantine. 
And at a party with doctors and medical students to boot! Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Your work is on lockdown? You work at a hospital or something, right?
Yup! I work at a VA medical center, so a majority of our patients are elderly and/or immuno-compromised. I’m happy I can go home at night and I think I’m going to wait to see if any of my work actually takes me into patient-care areas (usually, it doesn’t, but I have a pneumatic tube job coming up that is literally in the midst of patient and pharmacy and the laboratories. So we’ll see). 

Uhhhhhhh.  My dad is still saying that him and my mom are going to Italy.  My mom is freaking out, not due to the virus itself, but because of the reaction of the countries potentially closing borders/keeping them there instead of allowing them to travel home (even though I think JFK is one of the 'approved' airports for China travel, so I assume it wouldn't close for any reason?).  They're going to Rome right after Easter, when a ton of people will be making pilgrimages, and cross-contamination is going to be a thing.  I def need to talk to my dad again. 
“If you’re a person with an underlying condition and you are particularly an elderly person with an underlying condition you need to think twice about getting on a plane, on a long trip, and not only think twice, just don’t get on a cruise ship,” Fauci said on “Meet the Press.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa/coronavirus-may-force-americans-to-avoid-crowds-and-cancel-cruises-health-official-warns-idUSKBN20V0MK

Honestly they should just stop all cruises. Think about the numbers here. From the same Reuters story I quoted from above: 

The cruise ship Grand Princess, barred from returning to San Francisco last week due to a coronavirus outbreak on board, will send its 2,400 passengers to at least four quarantine centers. The crew of 1,100 will be quarantined and treated on board the ship.

I can only assume that the taxpayers will be funding the quarantine for those 3,600 people. And not only that, imagine how many federal (and state and local) emergency response assets will be used up in that process. And then factor in the number of federal/state/local health care responders who will then need to be quarantined. All at a time when those assets are needed in dozens if not hundreds of other locations in the US. To go on a cruise now, or the continue operating the cruise ships, is the epitome of selfishness at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back