2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I wonder how my 401k is doing

tenor.gif

Maintain your rate of investment and you are buying a little lower price today than yesterday. it always goes up in the long run..

But we should have nuked China when we had the chance it seems...

What sucks is I had dropped some of my tax refund in some funds on feb 13th. Wish I would've waited just one more week.

US may be in trouble. There is a patient at the UC Davis hospital that went from one hospital to another to get tested for the coronavirus. Due to the CDC guidelines, no hospital would test him. Eventually one did and he was diagnosed as infected; first community transmission case. Perhaps that’s the reason for state of emergency?

Oh god I'm scared to look at my 401K lol.

I am honestly not concerned about coronavirus. Obviously precautions need to be taken, especially given the deaths that the virus has caused and the fact that it's spreading, but at this point, I still think you're more likely to get sick from the flu than you are coronavirus, at least in the US. I'm just going to continue doing what I normally do (i.e. employ good hygiene) and should it become a bigger threat down the road, I'll reevaluate my stance.  

Last edited by a moderator:
There are talks of making employees around here work from home if possible. 🤞 We'll see if it works out.

There was a scare down in Ft. Walton earlier this week, but results came back negative. I may have had to cancel our trip to FL this weekend had it been a real case.

My in-laws have purchased N-95 masks because of their concerns. They live in very rural USA. Thanks for taking masks from people that need them, a-holes! 

Huge benefit to living in South Dakota right now...

More if you own camping spots for Sturgis!

But in 2018 we had triple the amount of deaths to the regular flu (34,000 people) - I dont recall that making the news.. still no cure for the flu either...

I was in one of the local larger hardware stores (non-chain) getting a few drill bits and overheard the following:

Customer - Have any dust masks?

Counter monkey - Had ten boxes 15 minutes ago, they're all sold out now. We've got a few half face respirators though.

Customer - I don't want a respirator, I just want the mask. I just came from Grainger and they're sold out as well. Next shipment is expected in 4 weeks.

Counter monkey - Try amazon, might get 'em faster. Folks seem to be stocking up on them.

Customer - Hell no, the price gouging has already begun. I was a 5 pack for $200 this morning!

About that time, I had wandered far enough away that I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation.

Latest posts

Back