2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put some spoiler tags or something! Even a NSFW note. Geez.
NSFW-my ass!  Turkish oil fighting is a national sport and should not be shammed for doing things differently!  I have to see a bunch of gross basketball gifs, you can see a gif of a sport that celebrates the heritage of Turkey!

NSFW-my ass!  Turkish oil fighting is a national sport and should not be shammed for doing things differently!  I have to see a bunch of gross basketball gifs, you can see a gif of a sport that celebrates the heritage of Turkey!
Just because it's SFW in Turkey doesn't mean it's SFW here in the USA! It's almost like you're trying to get me fired! Stop exclaiming at me I didn't do anything wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because it's SFW in Turkey doesn't mean it's SFW here in the USA! It's almost like you're trying to get me fired! Stop exclaiming at me I didn't do anything wrong!
IT'S CULTURE.  YOU CAN'T GET FIRED FOR CULTURE IN THE USA.

YOU DID EVERYTHING WRONG.  YOU LOST THE TURKEY GAME.  

IT'S CULTURE.  YOU CAN'T GET FIRED FOR CULTURE IN THE USA.

YOU DID EVERYTHING WRONG.  YOU LOST THE TURKEY GAME.  
I BEG TO DIFFER! TENNESSEE IS AN AT-WILL STATE! NOW YOU'RE YELLING!

P.S. WE STOPPED USING DOUBLE SPACES AFTER PERIODS WHEN WE STOPPED USING TYPEWRITERS!

i bet with this shit going on you could sweet talk them into extending the deadline. i've seen datapoints of success with this. 

With Southwest I wouldn't count on it.  I booked a flight on a voucher from a flight I had previously changed.  The new flight I booked was cancelled due to the 737-MAX issues and rebooked the next day.  Then the rebooked flight was cancelled due to maintenance issues, and they didn't have any way to get us to our destination until 12 hours before we had to return home.  Southwest wasn't sympathetic to this situation and would do nothing for us, even though it was completely their fault.  They also wouldn't refund the ticket because it was booked on a voucher.

Contrast that to Delta's stellar service... when we flew to Denver and found out that my father-in-law had a stroke and we had to immediately fly to Atlanta, they bent over backwards to change our tickets with no cost to us.

It's unlikely I'll fly with Southwest again unless I have no other choice.  Their fares are generally the same as the other airlines (at least from around here), their service when something goes wrong is sub-par, and since they don't interline with any other airlines, if their flight is cancelled, they can't put you on another airline to get you to your destination like almost all other airlines do.  Luckily in the case above we were able to get on a flight from Delta at our own cost and get to my wife's granny's birthday after all, despite Southwest.

Someone showed me the us air traffic website today- pretty much leads me to believe there is no real way to contain this and sooner or later we’re all either going to catch it and we’ll have various levels of being sick -

Seems like unless you have this shit or sat next to someone who did we should just go on about life and see what the fuck happens yo?

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I think we're all going to get it eventually so let's get it over with before Christmas.

P.S. WE STOPPED USING DOUBLE SPACES AFTER PERIODS WHEN WE STOPPED USING TYPEWRITERS!

BS!  Yes I did learn on a typewriter, but we still used two spaces after a sentence for decades after word processing software came out.  It's just the lazy millennials who can't put the second space in.   :eek:ld-025:

With Southwest I wouldn't count on it.  I booked a flight on a voucher from a flight I had previously changed.  The new flight I booked was cancelled due to the 737-MAX issues and rebooked the next day.  Then the rebooked flight was cancelled due to maintenance issues, and they didn't have any way to get us to our destination until 12 hours before we had to return home.  Southwest wasn't sympathetic to this situation and would do nothing for us, even though it was completely their fault.  They also wouldn't refund the ticket because it was booked on a voucher.
that's weird. i've always had good success with southwest. and gotten what i needed to make things work. but i do really love delta. especially once my southwest points are used up. 

BS!  Yes I did learn on a typewriter, but we still used two spaces after a sentence for decades after word processing software came out.  It's just the lazy millennials who can't put the second space in.   :eek:ld-025:
It's a LITERAL waste of space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it stemmed from people trying to fill out their required 5 pages of essay. MORE CONTENT LESS WASTE I SAY

or something.

False. Regardless of how long people continued to do it, it is not proper, and has not been since we moved to word processing.

Language and punctuation are social constructs and as such, there is no one authority on what is proper.  We'd probably be better off arguing politics than this.  I will continue using two spaces because my brain has been hardwired for it for 26 years.

I am sorry for double space discourse.  I will not change my horrible Turkish oil wrestling, double-spacing, ways.  This is the way I learned to type while in forums and writing horrible fanfiction of my youth!  I AM OKAY WITH MY TYPING APPEARING TO BE BOOMER-ESQUE.

*cries in Oxford comma*

State of Ohio confirmed 3 cases and the governor immediately declared a state of emergency....

giphy.gif

Back