Jump to content
Engineer Boards
SacMe24

California PE Lic. Numbers??

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes California to issue PE license numbers? I got my PASS result from NCEES last week and I submitted my application/references etc. before the board changed the rules last Dec. I was approved by BPELSG to sit for the exam and already submitted the 1-page form to notify them of a successful exam result.

Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pjavery said:

All I know is that they create license lists as those forms come in, and then grant licenses at the end of the month. So hopefully end of June for you?

I'm banking on 2 months for mine (based on the October threads; I'm submitting a full app on next Monday since a few of my references have to go through company mail); so I can't imagine yours will come later than June.

Thank you very much! I guess I'll keep checking every week (if not every day) starting next month...good luck to you with the submittal process!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacMe24 said:

Thank you very much! I guess I'll keep checking every week (if not every day) starting next month...good luck to you with the submittal process!

Definitely keep checking every week! I think I got my license number after last April's cycle some time in the beginning of June.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

Definitely keep checking every week! I think I got my license number after last April's cycle some time in the beginning of June.

Thank you !... I didn't think it would take that long but it is what it is...:bananalama:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 10:59 AM, SacMe24 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes California to issue PE license numbers? I got my PASS result from NCEES last week and I submitted my application/references etc. before the board changed the rules last Dec. I was approved by BPELSG to sit for the exam and already submitted the 1-page form to notify them of a successful exam result.

Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Same. I applied to the board before exam de-couple rule came in force. Registered for the exam only after I got technical approval email from bpelsg. On passing the exam I sent the board notification form. Now waiting to get the license number/response from the board.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MechanicalApril17 said:

Same. I applied to the board before exam de-couple rule came in force. Registered for the exam only after I got technical approval email from bpelsg. On passing the exam I sent the board notification form. Now waiting to get the license number/response from the board.

I was told to check every week which I have been doing (daily actually 😂)...the most recent BPELSG lic. update was yesterday so I think we're going to have to wait until sometime in June to get our license numbers... Congrats on passing the exam by the way !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all who have passed! 

Out of sheer geekiness, I figured that the last California PE# that was issued (as of their late night update of June 4, 2018) is 88886. 

I also got technical approval by the BPELSG before I registered for the exams.   I sent the board my pass results from NCEES and I am waiting for my number also.

So if you really want to see if they are assigning numbers daily, here is your baseline number to check for June 5, 2018 on forward.

 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, punquette said:

Congratulations to all who have passed! 

Out of sheer geekiness, I figured that the last California PE# that was issued (as of their late night update of June 4, 2018) is 88886. 

I also got technical approval by the BPELSG before I registered for the exams.   I sent the board my pass results from NCEES and I am waiting for my number also.

So if you really want to see if they are assigning numbers daily, here is your baseline number to check for June 5, 2018 on forward.

 

 

   

I'm about to submit my application package. How long does the entire process take? I've heard 10 weeks or so. Seems slow but then again, waited 6 weeks for a scantron result....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ME_VT said:

I'm about to submit my application package. How long does the entire process take? I've heard 10 weeks or so. Seems slow but then again, waited 6 weeks for a scantron result....

I submitted mine mid November. Got approved on Jan 31st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, punquette said:

Congratulations to all who have passed! 

Out of sheer geekiness, I figured that the last California PE# that was issued (as of their late night update of June 4, 2018) is 88886. 

I also got technical approval by the BPELSG before I registered for the exams.   I sent the board my pass results from NCEES and I am waiting for my number also.

So if you really want to see if they are assigning numbers daily, here is your baseline number to check for June 5, 2018 on forward.

 

 

   

I talked to a few of my coworkers who got license last year. They said usually take no more than a week to get their license numbers after they got passed results. It's been almost 3 weeks and no updates yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AyanHein said:

I talked to a few of my coworkers who got license last year. They said usually take no more than a week to get their license numbers after they got passed results. It's been almost 3 weeks and no updates yet. 

Yes... in fact I just checked the board's website and the last update was done yesterday...no new licenses yet for those of us who took the exam in April '18 and passed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacMe24 said:

Yes... in fact I just checked the board's website and the last update was done yesterday...no new licenses yet for those of us who took the exam in April '18 and passed...

But they did manage to cash my check the 29th, I turned my application (full application) by hand on Friday the 25th, at 8am sharp. Probably dumping all those application packets out, cashing the checks and going "we'll get to reviewing them later"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cjpete12 said:

But they did manage to cash my check the 29th, I turned my application (full application) by hand on Friday the 25th, at 8am sharp. Probably dumping all those application packets out, cashing the checks and going "we'll get to reviewing them later"

If it's anything like it was two years ago, they are massively understaffed when it comes to the amount of people they have reviewing what is likely hundreds, if not thousands, of applications.

And yeah, how you described it was what it was like before the PE Exam was decoupled from the license application. I'm not sure I would expect it to change all that much.

4 hours ago, AyanHein said:

I talked to a few of my coworkers who got license last year. They said usually take no more than a week to get their license numbers after they got passed results. It's been almost 3 weeks and no updates yet. 

Did your coworkers take it last April? I'd venture to guess that almost everyone who took it last April had already applied in the fall of 2016 to get their application approved. Thus, as soon as they passed the PE Exam, all they had to do was forward the BPELSG a form saying they passed, without having to submit a whole application after the fact.

The Board made an announcement some time after the application deadline for April 2017 that the PE Exam was now decoupled from the application process. I believe that's the difference here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leggo PE said:

I'm not sure I would expect it to change all that much.

They do have the benefit though of now only having to review applications from folks who passed. Which should cut down the number they have to review by 30-40%.

I'd bet you're right though in that they're likely still understaffed for the number of apps they'll receive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pjavery said:

They do have the benefit though of now only having to review applications from folks who passed. Which should cut down the number they have to review by 30-40%.

I'd bet you're right though in that they're likely still understaffed for the number of apps they'll receive.

Plus there must be an influx of applications right now, and again after October. Lucky me, my last reference is in a "property dispute" about 2 hours away and says he will be too busy to get my reference done any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jackma said:

@MechanicalApril17.  I found my license number on license loop-up this morning too. Do u know how we get our certificate and stamp?

No idea when. But they mail you the certificate to your home address. You have to buy your own stamp though (private vendors).  

Edited by MechanicalApril17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my license number this morning as well when i checked it!! Finally after 3 weeks of waiting!! Congrats to all who got their numbers as well!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes me too !!!.. I got it.. congratulations... so NOW we can oficially call ourselves PEs right????

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SacMe24 said:

Yes me too !!!.. I got it.. congratulations... so NOW we can oficially call ourselves PEs right????

 

Yup, we can!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SacMe24 said:

Yes me too !!!.. I got it.. congratulations... so NOW we can oficially call ourselves PEs right????

 

Well done!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AyanHein @MechanicalApril17... my license shows an expiration date of Sept 30, 2018....I'm curious as to what yours shows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SacMe24 said:

@AyanHein @MechanicalApril17... my license shows an expiration date of Sept 30, 2018....I'm curious as to what yours shows?

Same. I emailed the evaluator to seek clarification. See this paragraph from PE act:

 

6795. Certificate renewal time periods Certificates of registration as a professional engineer, and certificates of authority, shall be valid for a period of two years from the assigned date of renewal. Biennial renewals shall be staggered on a quarterly basis. To renew an unexpired certificate, the certificate holder shall, on or before the date of expiration indicated on the renewal receipt, apply for renewal on a form prescribed by the board, and pay the renewal fee prescribed by this chapter.

The date Sept 30th must have some sort of quarterly significance. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×